Looks delicious

11 Likes

I loved the video! The recipe looks a little on the sweet side for me, but that’s me.

I noticed that she said (at about 2:55 into the video) that you could skip the jujube if you don’t have it, but I wonder if you might drop in a prune or some such. I’ve never had a jujube so I don’t know how a person might replace it.

The ones I had reminded me of Apples.So maybe something like Granny Smith to offset the sweet a little.bb

1 Like

I thought the same thing about using date to replace jujube. Also like you, it’s sweeter than my liking.

I love A pear because of crunchiness. I’m not sure if I would like eating it soft but it could be interesting.

The recipe is interesting and could help us be more creative with other fruit cooking. Thanks for posting.

2 Likes

Of course I could leave out some sweetener, but maybe when you cut into it all the syrup spreads out enough to work better. Anyhow it’s definitely worth making, and then maybe going from there.

I like to core an apple and fill with walnuts or pecans, brown sugar, cinnamon, and lemon zest, and that’s good with pork. I can imagine serving the sweet steamed pear with pork. I think it’d be good with pumpkin pie, too.

1 Like