Looks like I might have Myrobalan plum x apricot and myrobalan x peach hybrids?

Looks like I might have several Myrobalan plum x apricot seedlings?

These are the seedlings that are sprouting from the base of my myrobalan plum seedling. The plum is only 40 feet away from apricot tree; and both trees bloomed at the same time.

Most seedlings have red leaves, but a couple of them have green leaves and have apricot-like leaves.

What’s your opinion?

Edit: Now I remember that last year I hand pollinated several Myrobalan plum flowers with F1 Moorpark apricot pollen. After I finished pollinating them, I tagged the flowers with yarn, but then strong winds blew the tags off. So there was no way of way of telling which fruit had been pollinated with apricot pollen and which were open pollinated. Once the fruit had ripen, the birds got them and the seeds fell to the ground. And it was until this year that I noticed that a couple of seedlings had green leaves and had an apricot-like appearance.

5 Likes

Those honestly just look like Myrobolan to me.

2 Likes

This lab might be able to help you.

https://fps.ucdavis.edu/dnamain.cfm

2 Likes

You should grow it. In a couple of seasons it may produce fruit. I grew a Nadia seed, two seasons later it set fruit for this season.

3 Likes

Here they are again.

6 Likes

Here they are again. The foliage resembles more like the apricot than its seed parent

Seed parent:

4 Likes

Looking good buddy!
So my tlor tsiran apricot has leaves that are closer to plum rather than apricot however the fruit definitely leans majority apricot!

3 Likes

Here’s another possible hybrid; the seed parent is my Myrobalan plum.

Is it possible for seedlings to have long leaves or is this a hybrid?

The peaches and interspecific peaches that flowered along with my Myrobalan plum are: Trilite peachplum, a peach x (plum x peach) hybrid from Zaiger Genectics, my propriety Luna and Soleil Peachmonds-----peach x almond hybrid, my propriety peacharine----peach x nectarine hybrid, Hardy Red Nectarine, and Frost peach.

2 Likes

Here it is again, (the first seedlings) and there’s no doubt that they have apricot in their parentage. The leaves are more apricot-like than Flavorella plumcot.

5 Likes

Seedling number two:

2 Likes

How long do you suppose it will be before they might fruit?

Spring of 2022.

1 Like

Pure Myrobalan plum sibling for comparison.

Here it is again, my myrobalan plum x apricot hybrid. The newer leaves have a stronger apricot charateristics than older ones.

3 Likes

Here are again, my plumcots. The leaf texture is similar to those of Nanking cherry, fuzzy.

5 Likes

This seedling fruited, however, the fruit is smooth like a plum.

20220425_175842

4 Likes

Seedling number two.

6 Likes

Wow. Keep us posted on what it is like when it gets ripe.

1 Like

Bad news. The winds knocked the fruit off.

2 Likes