Matt_in_Maryland is now Matt_in_Pennsylvania

I am glad to hear from you again Matt. Welcome back.

1 Like

Welcome back Matt. It does get better with time. It might not seem like it now but it slowly does.
I wish you well and God bless you in the upcoming coming years.

1 Like

Welcome back Matt.

1 Like

@Matt_in_Pennsylvania
Good to hear from you! Let me know if you need anything. Soon the worden you gave me will produce pears! Im working on several pear test projects and i think that data will be extremely valuable to many people. Your welcome to any pears in my collection from these many years of pear orchard tests (over 25 years growing pears now on my current property). May you be blessed in all that you do!

1 Like

Welcome back, Matt. I’d noticed your absence, sorry to hear you’ve had to go through that painful event, and the change that comes with it. You’ve obviously been missed, I’m glad you’re back and growing again.

1 Like

good to see you back Matt. been through the big D myself. its not easy but like others said time heals all wounds. hold onto your faith and family tightly. both will help you weather any storm. my father used to say gardening and growing things heals your soul. its about as therapeutic as a Dr.s therapy maybe more. ill pray for you and your family and for better times for you ahead. keep up the good work!

2 Likes

Welcome back Matt.
You are welcome to anything i have .

1 Like

Welcome back Matt! We can never truly feel the pain that others suffer in their lives, but we have all been through it in one way or another. The love of your son & family will continue to guide you toward better times. And of course “growing things” is great mental therapy for most of us that post here I’m guessing.

Again…glad to have you back!

1 Like

Yeah anything you need, let me know. Glad you’re back!

Drew

1 Like

Hi Matt
I have never written to you before but, am glad your back and getting your life back together. I live in Ohio and have a aunt who lives in Bethlehem Pa.

1 Like

Hi Matt,

I have also read a number of your posts and I believe you have responded to several of my questions in the past. As others have said time heals all wounds and faith guides us forward.

1 Like

Glad to hear from you again. Sorry to hear about the rough road you’ve been traveling. But you will be fine in the end. Time will heal you. I noticed you hadn’t been around for a while.

Since the forums inception a few of my favorites have disappeared like @MuddyMess_8a and @hoosierquilt. I never did hear what happened to them. I was afraid you were going to be a member of that club. Good to have you back.

2 Likes

Hey Matt, welcome back and welcome to Pennsylvania. Sorry to hear about all the trials and such. Hang in there.

1 Like

It’s a bit of a trek for you, but you should check out Backyard Fruit Growers . The upcoming grafting workshop is an excellent source of scionwood, even with the lanternfly quarantine in effect.

1 Like

Welcome back Matt!

1 Like

I appropriated the information and scion you shared. Your absence was noticed. Wish you healing and good things going forward.

1 Like

Matt I went through something similar. I lost everything including my sanity. Gardening is the one thing that has kept me going. Now i get to share it with my son which makes it all the more special to me. I spent hundreds of hours in my grandparents garden as well as apple orchards. Finally getting a house 3 years ago on my own has been a real eye opener for me. Gardening keeps you young. My grandparents had a huge garden til they were almost 90. Keep on trucking my man. Things will get better with time. Starting over sucks but now you can go at it with a different approach. I highly encourage you to involve your son with your gardening.

2 Likes

Welcome back. The forum just wasn’t the same without you.

2 Likes

Welcome back Matt!

2 Likes

Welcome back! I’m new here, but have read some of your old posts. Look forward to reading more in the future.

1 Like