Merle's world

For those of you who’ve never seen dicamba damage here you go.

5 Likes

Golden Russet apples and a little butterfly weed.

7 Likes

My black walnut graft is doing great. I’ll have to tie this thing up so it doesn’t blow out.

7 Likes

Arkcharm from this week.

7 Likes

Five gallons of pecans.

Our first few Dunstan chestnuts.

A nice mystery pear.

17 Likes
4 Likes

That time of year again!

8 Likes

One of my Givens grafts coming to life.

4 Likes

Caught a bee swarm too!

11 Likes

Beach/Apple of Commerce apples.

6 Likes

Merle having you tasted many limbertwig apples? If so which is your favorite? I really want to compare the red royal and the victoria but i have yet to find anyone that has tasted both.

2 Likes

My Victoria has a few apples this year, but Red Royal didn’t bloom. It is putting on some nice growth so maybe next year I’ll have a comparison.

I should have a good crop of both this year and be able to compare them for you. Just drop me a line in October to remind me.

2 Likes

Alright thanks guys. Ill be having some victorias this year as well. My tree is fruiting for the first time, along with my old fashioned, and white. Hopefully they meet expectations.

1 Like

Luvalle’s Monster showing a 1 year old w/t graft plus AU Super from this spring.

4 Likes

jpeg Meyer’s Royal Limbertwig. Its a keeper!

9 Likes

That is one nice looking apple. Did you taste it?

Yes and its very good. Crisp flesh, tart with a little sweetness. The deer won’t be getting many of these.

2 Likes

pod you grow many limbertwigs? I recall seeing comments last year maybe that you did. If so which are your favorites for fresh eating and have you had the red royal? Thanks!

Is there a reason you grafted your mulberry so close to the ground/