Michael357

Thanks Conway, sure is handy to be able to blame so much on the cancer :smile: Much to learn about using this forum, forgive me all if I miss anyone because I just plain get lost or overwhelmed.

Inereesting moniker Cityman, I too was the, “cityman” for our tiny town until the cancer retired me from the job of operating the water and sewer systems as well as doing all of the street and parks upkeep. You’re welcome, good to share this story and I hope my doing so helps others. We all have our own little worries that can snowball if we let them, don’t sweat the small stuff, right? If we stop growing we’ll wither on the vine just like our crops.

I’m beginning to understand the way too big now Bart. In a way I’m glad the one tree is going to be cut down though it’ll hurt to do so. Man, I’m sure attached to all of those trees, even the Northern Spy that after 8 years has yet to put on a single flower, hope springs eternal or maybe I’m a fool.

Thank you for the + thoughts, I no doubt will benefit from them. Sorry to hear about your losses, live and learn, right?

Thank you kindly for your thoughts, prayers and sharing your experience with cancer. I too went through many weeks of radiation but as of yet no chemo is even in sight, THANK YOU LORD!! The oncologist told me at the start of this that they couldn’t cure the cancer, only keep beating it back with treatments like radiation, surgery and lastly, chemo. As soon as she told me that I immediately realized there is one with the power to cure me and began praying for it. His is the power and the glory will be all his, amen.

I’ve come to realize working in the garden and orchard that all of the plants are not mine but God’s and I am here to care for them as his creatures, sort of God’s hands here on Earth. His creatures are to be fruitful and multiply. At times when working in the orchard in particular I get stumped, don’t know to do and ask God for help, it works!

Be well and know that you are blessed.

Thanks Appleseed for the thoughts. It tears me up to think of a child having to go through this. It’s been pretty scary and brutal for me and I’m a big boy. A child’s experience, unimaginably horrifying!

Thanks Clark, great to make it and hope to be able to contribute. Speaking of warmth, are you bewildered by all of the January and December rain yet? Don’t get me wrong, it’s better for me than getting buried under snow. It’s been so wet here in the north central part of KS I won’t be fretting one bit about enough water in the tree root zones come Summer. Hoping no root diseases crop up from having saturated soil at this point.

1 Like

Good to have you back Michael! I remember you as a regular contributor over at GW.

Thank you Mrsg, indeed, life is beautiful and a blessing to experience fully. It is great to be here and a bit overwhelming to read so many responses to my post. Here’s to an end to our life - threatening situations.

Thank you Scott, it’s wonderful to be here. I hope to be able to figure this site out and contribute. Right now I’m kind of overwhelmed by it’s scope and enormous content. You set this site up didn’t you? Thank you very much, it’s a service to humanity to bring so msny like minded people together in a positive way.

This weather is strange indeed. Glad its a warmer winter. Lets hope for a pleasant spring and summer. If our weather stays like this Kansas may become the next Florida. I know forties dont seem balmy to some though for a Kansas winter its been heavinly i think.