Mild winter predicted

Yes we are.
Frost expected here the next three days. I have to cover some pepper plants. I have some excellent pepper plants this year. I have to leave town. So hauling in my tropicals and such. Indigocrisp blueberry plant too. it just arrived yesterday.
I have so many tomatoes, I’ll be letting them go.
Still in shock I have peaches! I gave about half of them away.
I’m going up north near Traverse City. The Fall colors should be nice up there.
The big game is tomorrow Michigan versus MSU! Go Green! Go White!

Speaking of predictions…
In the movie Back to the Future 2, released 1989 Michael J Fox’s character get’s a hold of a sport trivia book from the future. In it he reads “2015 the Cubs win the world series!” How strange is that!? TTYL!

Cubs still have to win… They should have let that goat into the ballpark.

I’m betting on above normal temps here for DJF… El Nino winter looks like almost a lock at this point.

Not the sentiment here in NY. The Cubs are favored, but LA was favored 2-1. Fear us, we don’t have nearly as strong a curse to deal with as your Cubs.

Oh they have! I saw pictures of the goat on the field at the Billy Goat tavern.They even gave him the seat. i saw the stadium seat just stored in the corner of the restaurant. The restaurant is where SNL based it’s skit about a Greek restaurant, you know cheeseburger, cheeseburger, coke no Pepsi!

I’ve been to Greek diners like that, nowadays there are only handful if that, still in existence.

NOAA just released their winter forecast, looks similar to the accuweather one. I’ll take a bit less cold, that’s for sure.

What’s all this talk of the Cubs? The Royals went to the seventh game in the world series last year and have a shot at it this year. We get no respect. :disappointed_relieved:

Seriously though, I doubt the Royals will make it again this year, but they have done well for two years running. It’s enough to make a fair weather fan like me start to pay attention (even if they go no further).

The Royals are playing now and up by three over the Blue Jays. Go USA! :smiley:

deleted duplicate post

I heard on the news a while back that this winter will be bad :frowning:

Hey Drew , You will most likely see some lake effect snow along with those colors !

Yes, like 3 inches of snow!! Yikes! We were by Kalkaska and it’s seems the lake effect snow just sits there. I got to fire some weapons, saw a great football game, and celebrated my son’s birthday (34!). It was fun, glad though to come out of winter and be back home where it is still fall! No snow, plants do not look bad, frost was light!

1 Like