My house was lost in the Paradise, CA "Camp" fire

Very sad news, I just found out that my home and orchard was lost in the Paradise “Camp” fire. I had to evacuate last Thursday. I was able to grab some clothes, food and my two yellow labs but everything else is most likely gone. My Mothers house was also destroyed, She and my step father got out safely with just the clothes on their backs. My sister and her family also safely evacuated, they live in Magalia about 10 miles north of me. Right now it looks like their house may have survived the fire for now but we aren’t 100% sure. Our church was also lost in the fire.

Thankfully we all got out safe. We are staying with friends and family for now. I don’t now if it will be days or weeks before we can get back to see what’s left if anything. Please Keep us in your thoughts and prayers during these difficult times. My cousin set up a “go fund me” page for us. I hate to even mention it but any little bit would help.

https://www.gofundme.com/my-paridise-family-relief-fund?member=1088894&fbclid=IwAR2q5zoCsjFkvnITvKspy7ktjsR-oesU6x78UYp7IzSK4YweDUrVk2JMwkc

so sorry to hear this steve! been praying for all those effected and fighting those fires.

3 Likes

I was happy to make a modest donation. And I wish you the best of luck going forward- you’re certainly due for a directional shift!

1 Like

So glad to hear everyone got out safely - including the dogs. Animals are so often left behind and lost.

1 Like

The most important thing you and your loved ones are alive and well. Now the task it to keep it this way. Disaster usually comes in several faces. The after-face is the most difficult one, but from other point is also most controllable. Just remind yourself every day - we are all OK. Not it WILL be OK, but we ARE OK, because we alive. That is the most important part. Solve tasks one in a time. Take your breaks. Hag your dogs. Call your mom. Keep us posted how we can help other than monetary - sometimes simple things can make your life easier. And please be safe.

2 Likes

Very sorry to hear about your losses. Glad that you are ok.

Steve, I so sorry for the loss of your home and orchard. I just went back and looked at your orchard and it was really beautiful. I am relieved you got out safely and will be able to start again. I am at work now, but I will hit up your go fund me page when I get home.

Hang in there.

Jim

I’m really sorry to hear about that Steve. My in-laws lost their house in the Tubbs fire and I know how traumatic it is from their experience. At least you are all alive and safe!

It took a long time before they could get back in, don’t be surprised if its a long wait.

So sorry to hear that. Prayers for God’s comfort and provisions for you and your family and everyone affected. I used to stop by there when I was a graduate student doing rice research in Oroville.

2 Likes

Sorry for your loss Steve. I am glad you and your family are safe.

Steve,
I am so sorry for the loss of your home and your orchard.

I am glad that you and your family are safe.

Steve, I am sooo sorry. You and your family are in my prayers.

Very sorry for your loss. Glad to hear you and your family are ok.

The news from California is heartbreaking. I’m glad you are safe. So sorry about your home.

This is awful. I’m so sorry to hear this, but glad you are safe

I can’t begin to imagine what these people are living through in CA. The videos are frightening. Glad you got out Steve. So sorry for your house and orchard.

1 Like

I’m glad you are safe. Very sorry to hear about the fire.

Steve, very sorry to hear about your losses. Hang in there and you will get back on your feet.

My grandparents lost their house in a fire and it was very difficult for them to deal with. It was almost overwhelming for them for several months. My granny was particularly upset about little things she had saved for many years and could not be replaced. They eventually had a nicer house in a better location that they retired in. I am sorry for your loss and hope that you are able to move on to better days.

Wow, that’s just horrible to hear! I’m so sorry about the losses to you and your family.