My mulberry and other fruits collection

You might wanna give them some more light?

Next mulberries on the list (arriving around September bare root)
. Illinois Everbearing
. Silk Hope
. Kokuso
. Gerardi Dwarf
. " Portugal" mulberry

. White Pakistan/Saharanpur

. And a few Pakistan hybrids

3 Likes

Well today i had time to go to a very special nursery 2h away. Its full of tropical/semi tropical/mediterranean and all type of plants, trees and fruit trees.
@Luisport i went to Viveiros do Lima!!!
It was amazing and thank god i took counted money, because i could easily buy everything there… lol
While there i saw some mulberries also, and some big nigras cultivar La Regina. I didnt buy those because i have 2 of those but they are tiny compared to the ones in the nursery… well next month ill be going there again to buy more trees and i might not resist and get a few more nigras.

Anyway this time i bought:
Grumixama - eugenia brasiliensis
Atemoya
Carissa macrocarpa
Jujuba - giant variety
Uva crispa - Hinnonmaki Red cultivar gooseberry
Paw paw Sunflower - asimina triloba
Cherry of Rio Grande - eugenia involucrata
Callicarpa americana
Uvaia

Ready to go… i"ll plant these tomorrow

4 Likes

Ill create a thread in the photo gallery showing some pics of the place and plants.
They have a lot of species and their cultivars. Really cool
Will need to go back next month to get a few different aracas varieties, longans, lichees, maybe more mulberries, dunno lol

2 Likes

Good luck to your new trees! :smiley:

1 Like

Thanks Luis, i need it.
The place is really cool and the employee on site took more than an 1h with me showing me the place and plants.
There were a few more i wanted to bring but he said they would die in our winters: Jaca, Biriba, jaboticaba and others.

1 Like

Jaca and biriba ok, but jaboticaba you can try, it’s very hardy and i have several on ground.

1 Like

Really? he said it would die… lol
On the other hand he said i could try grumixama.but i remember you saying not. Lol.
I took middle risk and brought a small grumixama (cheaper), but if it survives it will take 5 years to fruit acording to him. Lol
Amazing place… will be creating a photo thread later.
Didnt even have time to see the citrus and outdoor plants (pears, figs, nectarines, apples, apricots, etc,).

1 Like

No, he don’t have the right info… LOL! Grumixama is frost tender…

1 Like

Ooops… what do i do with the grumixama?? Lol

Your neighbor across the Mediterranean can adopt it :smiley:

1 Like

Ahah

1 Like

A candy store for fruit growers.bb

1 Like

Indeed

Awesome thread and I really like all the mulberry pics. You’re curating a serious collection of mulberry trees. One of my all time favorite trees. I’ve been collecting cuttings from my travels, and growing out seedlings dropped off by birds. I have only one named cultivar that I bought. It’s a Pakistan… Also you have a really nice place.

1 Like

She will not die compleatly, will resprout from roots every year… like mine.

1 Like

Ill give extra fertilizer to push some growth

Hmmm… should i mulch these trees? With bark?

1 Like

Aaand planted

PAW PAW SUNFLOWER

CHERRY OF RIO GRANDE

CARISSA MACROCARPA

UVAIA

ATEMOYA

GRUMIXAMA

RED GOOSEBERRY - and 3 morus nigras by their side

AMERICAN BEAUTYBERRY

JUJUBE GIANT VARIETY - and a pakistan mulberry and a wellington mulberry behind

Also planted the seedlings (probably around 100 seedlings) of the kiwano seeds i germinated. Planted them along a hedge and a traditional portuguese irrigation water tank i have

I decided to mulch all my trees with pine bark. Half the trees done 300kg of mulch today. Still half to do
The pine bark i used its maritime pine bark, pinus pinaster

3 Likes

The scenery/ view from my farm. Beautiful horizon

10 Likes