My mulberry and other fruits collection

How was the taste of capitata? Is it somewhat like kousa? Cause I like kousa but there is so little pulp it’s not worth growing. This one looks way bigger…

1 Like

Paul I never tried kousa, but I hear it’s similar. This capitata has huge fruits, bigger than ping pong balls, some close to the size of tennis balls, and a lot of pulp no doubt. I liked the taste, banana like if I can give an exemple

3 Likes

It’s really impressive, i love to have it! Good luck to have fruits fast! :+1:

Guys if you go there again please count me in. I would love to have one capitata as well.
It’s probably not fully hardy here but I would love to try (they were saying this about couple other fruits that are prospering just fine). It is virtually impossible to buy one here. I will pay all expenses + extra or can send you something from my collection.

2 Likes

Where are u located Paul? If in the US I dunno if I can send you a live tree.

Me too… He is in Europe

1 Like

OK I’ll ask they guy if he has more trees. I know for sure he has 1 more potted one because I choose between the 2. The other is almost as big as the one I bought

2 Likes

Wow, thanks a lot. I would take up to 3 trees but will be grateful even for one. Money is not a problem

1 Like

Lol Paul, I’ll see what he has and we’ll talk

I am in touch with him already, I’ll give details.
You guys know if I go there I’ll end buying more stuff for me also… Lool… I’ll get one of his giant feijoas, much bigger in size than mine and possibly some banana trees this time… Lol

1 Like

See what varieties of bananas you will choose… Most of them are too tender to grow here… but some are good to try. By the way i just nead one cornus tree… :wink:

2 Likes

Guys just spoke with him and he just has the other tree for sale. He’ll only have others next year now.
Who takes this one??

This is the banana he has. Not sure about the cultivar

2 Likes

Give it to Paul. I will try to have one next year… :blush:

1 Like

Paul, the capitata is yours. I’ll collect it on Friday and post to you. Gimme your address as a private message :slight_smile:
The tree is not as big as mine but quite big also. I’ll try to send it as express mail and will try to condicionate as best as possible

1 Like

It seems one Tall Orinoco. Yes it’s one hardy variety. I have Da Jiao pup if you want…

1 Like

Thanks Luis, you have to teach me their care. Planting location (shade, sun) and water requirements

1 Like

Well they nead a cold protected spot but as much sun as possible. A lot of water and some feeding…
You should grow banana plants on pot as much as possible to protect them if neaded and plant them on ground in the beginning of spring when no cold temp can happened.

My wife really wants to go to Portugal. Little does she know that if we go half of the trip will be spent in nurseries.
Luis I appreciate the offer but I don’t want to interfere. I can wait till next year, of course if you are not desperately wanting it I will take it (but as I said I can wait till next year).

5 Likes

Thank you my friend, but really you can keep it. I’m more near it, so it’s easier for me to get it next year. :+1:

2 Likes