My seedling apple

I figured I’d share a few pics (not great, sorry) of one of my wild apples. This tree was here when I bought the place in 2012, but was not fruiting. I caged it up, pruned, and trained it and it bore it’s first fruit in 2016. It was loaded that year, then much less so in '17, loaded again this year. I imagine I could reduce that biannual tendency via thinning, but haven’t attempted that as of yet.

The fruit is crisp, more sweet than tart, and juicy. I don’t know how it stores, but will find out this year. I picked a bucket of them today, gave them a wash and put them in the crisper. All of my trees had a single spraying of Imidan in June…that was it. In the future I hope to be more on the ball with timely sprayings. That said, this tree and the fruit is quite clean. I didn’t have to sort much to get nice looking fruit. Flyspeck was prevalent, but that never bothers me. Just wash it off and good to go.

smittystree

That looks like one I’d like to try if you ever have any extra scionwood.
BB

Not a problem. Let me know what kind of scion you’re looking for. I’ve given a few folks watersprouts off this tree, but I know some people don’t like using those for grafting.

SMSMITH, Well, if it’s a seedling…doesn’t matter to me where the dormant scionwood would come from.
I can private message you my info…but we are 3 months or more from dormant wood.
Thank you.