My small fruit tree orchard

Yes because most of them are on full sun and the bags are transparent…

2 Likes

Casa Nova de Alcobaça apples on tree… :heart_eyes:

7 Likes

Casa Nova de Alcobaça

Is a local variety of my area. Very old and rare, they got almost extinct substituted by modern varieties… Terrific mistake because they are big, beautiful, not much sweet but equilibrated, refreshing and between soft and crunchy texture. Very white flesh and some pink bellow the skin… Just lovely! :heart_eyes: :yum:

9 Likes

Amazing that you get apples like that with no spraying!

3 Likes

Thanks! They are really beautifull… i think it’s because this is an apple production area. They really like our maritime air, some altitude, cold on winter and hot temp on summer… It’s not so good for citrus.

2 Likes

Fantastic display Luis! I am shocked how beautiful your fruit is with NO SPRAYING!!! Simply amazing.

I am looking forward to your review for WineCrisp, since this is a variety I have arriving as a standalone tree on G.890 next spring. I will also be looking to add a few graft varieties to a crabapple that I have at the edge of my property. I’m thinking Roxbury Russet and some other variety TBD.

In the meantime I will live vicariously through you and your experiences. Keep up the amazing work! :smiley:

2 Likes

Thank you soo much for your support words! As i said i think it’s my area weather that apples like… and another important thing is the baging of fruit. But i don’t see important issues on apples… my soil is limestone.
Regarding WineCrisp i really hope everything will go alright! The tree will be very small as it will came from UK by mail… i’m doing my best! :grin:

1 Like

Aha!

3 Likes

If i don’t bag birds will eat everything… :grin:

1 Like

Araça una, yellow araça, purple araça and Che fruits… :yum:

8 Likes

3 Likes

Sub-tropicals… :star_struck:

5 Likes

Sub-tropicals

1 Like

Musa Helen’s hybrid is not sub-tropical?

1 Like

USDA zone 7 is subtropical.

1 Like

Oh ok… i always use this term to more cold hardy fruits that grow on tropical countries like araça, jabuticaba, lychee, pitanga etc…

In English, the term is near-tropical.

1 Like

Ok, thanks! It’s the first time i heard it… :+1:

It looks like springtime again…

7 Likes

Bellow my Coroa de Rei persimmon tree…

11 Likes