My small fruit tree orchard

This looks “otherwise healthy” to me. I have a hosui nashi that has some sort of a virus and it produced a whole variegared branch last year, but the variegation was acompanied by a slight deformation of the leaves.

1 Like

Untill now its the only variegated leaf but its not deformed… you think it will stay that way or will go to that branch or even the tree? I love variegated plants!

I guess, you’ll have to wait and see. I’ve seen a single variegated leaf on several different plants that went on normal. But maybe…

1 Like

Ok thanks! We will see…

If it’s a mutation, maybe the bud at the leaf could have the same? :crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

Hope so… it could be interesting…

Yes, I would say if the next leaf on that stem lacks the variegation, cut the stem just past that leaf, to try to encourage that bud site to grow, so you can see if it is variegated.

2 Likes

Nop, probably just one leaf, will go back to green.

2 Likes

My first persimmon scion took!

Barbara’s Blush

3 Likes

It’s illegal in Florida due to invasiveness apparently making it very hard to track down, since Florida is where I order most stuff from. Found a few seeds on Etsy but they seem suspicious, guess I’ll give em a shot haha

1 Like

Ettinger avocado

8 Likes

3 Likes

10 Likes

Araca do Campo

5 Likes

Beautiful, congratulations Luis!

1 Like

Thanks a lot!

Valentine pomelo

Red Vietnam pomelo