My small fruit tree orchard

Batalha Monastery in the area where i live

9 Likes

My araça do campo tree, psidium longipetiolatum

8 Likes

Red love odysso apples, very sweet, a bit tangy and crunchy… Love them! :yum:

11 Likes

Wow Luis, your araca do campo is beautiful and big.
One question, I have yellow araca, red araca and purple araca also. Is the purple araca the same as araca do campo??

4 Likes

Hello my friend, how are you?
No it’s not. Araçá do campo is the psidium longipetiolatum species. It’s very rare and it’s an endangered species in Brazil.

4 Likes

Cool. Where did you get it from? The nursery in Braga? And how old is it?

1 Like

No, i got it from a friend that is a rare fruit tree collector maby 7 years ago.

3 Likes

When I looked for more information,some sources point to araça do campo,as being the yellow skinned Guava and the psidium longipetiolatum,as araca vermelho,like yours pictured,with red. bb

4 Likes

The araçá varieties always have several names… i adopt this one because it seems it’s the most acurate.

3 Likes

End of Summer flowers… :heart_eyes:

9 Likes

A lot of fruit… :yum:

14 Likes

Everything is looking great @Luisport lots of great pics of some great flowers, plants and fruit :+1:

3 Likes

Thank you very much my friend! I do my best, but a lot of work to do… :+1:

2 Likes

Another red love odysso… they are sooo good! :yum:

8 Likes

My rubinette and pinova apple trees just arrived! They are great trees!
Tomorrow i will post pics… :blush:

5 Likes

I just got a kiwi wonder plant! It’s a rare variety… :star_struck:

12 Likes

This red kiwi taste really good

3 Likes

Hi! Yes i already try them, they taste like honey! :yum:

2 Likes

Is it the Hongyang Luis? I got that variety twice from a friend but always failed to root/graft it. I hope I can buy a plant this year

3 Likes

Hello my friend. I don’t know because there are some confusion with variety names and trade marks… there are very few places where they are selled and they disapear very fast. Good luck! :+1:

3 Likes