Name My Tomato Disease

Does anyone recognize this disease? It happens to my tomatoes every year. Leaves start looking discolored and strange, and then they just dry up while still attached to the plant. I end up with super dry and crunchy leaves that crumble when pulled.

I haven’t sprayed anything on them this year…trying to figure out what does best without any anti fungal sprays.

Does anyone recognize this disease?

Thanks!

2 Likes

Late Blight, if I’m not mistaken.

1 Like

Yes, blight. It’s a little late for early blight and a little early for late blight, but one or the other.

4 Likes

This blight hit me too, and I discovered Tim’s Black Ruffles variety is totally resistant to it, it’s found a permanent home on my grow again list. Anybody want seed this fall, as I will be saving it, PM me.

3 Likes

All tomato blights look the same to me

4 Likes

I have heard of growers burning their tomato cages to avoid transferring blight to the next crop.

2 Likes

Soaking them in 10% Clorox works as well :grin:

1 Like

I have blight on my plants as well, but, as mentioned in other threads, my biggest worry is Odocoileus virginianus blight…

1 Like

I’ve got one potato vine looking like that

1 Like

Hahahah! I quickly looked that up since I’m I. Virginia. I figured that HAD to be my problem. Fortunately for me, the deer haven’t made it over my fence yet. (Knock on wood)

3 Likes