New raspberry cultivar?

This is a seedling berry I found growing on the driveway and thought it maybe a blackberry since it is thornless. It turned out to be a raspberry. I have Canby, Joan J and Glencoe. Recently added Crimson Night. Fruit shape looks like Canby but the canes are completely thornless like Joan J. Joan J has a conical fruit. Have not tried the fruit yet.

unable to upload picture. says size is too big. Weird, never have this problem before

Where have you been? Itā€™s so loooong between your posts.

Iā€™ll tell you how I get those photos to load. Iā€™m sure there are other ways.

When they have loaded onto my computer, I use the photo viewer to open them in Paint or similar program.

Using Paint, I reduce the size to 90% or less.

Then ā€˜Save Asā€™ a jpeg or jpg file, and I add the word ā€œresizedā€ to the name when the next screen pops up so that I donā€™t overwrite the original.

Then click ā€œSaveā€.

The resized photo is then in the picture file next to the original. Use the resized image to upload here.

The resized images have always been accepted with no problems for me, and they take up less storage space on the forum server.

Iā€™d enjoy seeing your picture if you can successfully upload it.

2 Likes

upload them first to an IMG host, I like www.Imgur.com
It will then provide a properly formatted HTML code to just copy and paste into your post.

Thx MuddyMess and Moley. Sounds complicated and will keep them in mind when I have issues again. I took another picture and it uploaded OK. must be the annoying Windows10. I hate it.

I am still here alive and kicking. Fruits have Canby shape and JoanJ thornless traits

1 Like

Moley, the reason I donā€™t use hosts like that is because there are clauses in their Terms of Service that Iā€™m uncomfortable with. I know they donā€™t bother everybody, but I donā€™t like to give up ownership of my photos.

They tend to say things like this:
you grant Imgur a non-exclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable worldwide license (with sublicense and assignment rights) to use, to display online and in any present or future media, to create derivative works of, to allow downloads of, and/or distribute any such file or content

Image hosting sites are very helpful, but users should always read and be willing to abide by the TOS before using. Yeah, I realize that I can be very untrusting of tech services.

1 Like

Iā€™d be honored if they distribute pics of my cat or my fruit trees ;), I ve got other stuff to worry about :sunglasses:

But useful advice none the less. Most users would be surprised that Facebook has similar TOS clauses as well.

1 Like