Newbie at Scott’s forum

Hi everybody, my name is Ruben I signed in to this forum but couldn’t figure it out how to place a post, commented on a post and more. I been lurking around for a few months and even I couldn’t figure hot to comment or ask a question I have learned a few things from other members, I was invited by Richard and I been enjoying this place but like I said is just a little bit different and confuse for me but with everybody’s help I hope to get there! I live on the eastern shore of Virginia used to be usda zone 7b but recently I found out we are now in zone 8a, I enjoy growing my own vegetables, I just started getting some figs last year and this spring I planted some fruit trees but I wanted to know what varieties do best where I live based on on my zone also which ones taste the best!

4 Likes

Welcome aboard Ruben! Just ask any questions and Our members will go great length to help answer questions for you. You just click on the thread that you like to read and reply if you would like to ask a question or add some inputs. It is not bad to browse around and learn the site.

Tony

Thanks @tonyOmahaz5

I need some help grafting a persimmon bare root tree that I planted about a month ago, is a Jiro Fuyu persimmon. And I recently received some cuttings from some really nice person that was so kind to share with me. The cuttings I got from her are Chocolate and Coffee Cake! I never done any grafting before but I have seen other people doing it. My questions are Is it a good time to do graftings ? Which grafting do you recommend? And how to do it? Thanks in advance

Welcome Ruben!

Thank you @SpokkanePeach

https://growingfruit.org/t/persimmon-grafting-

You can search more on this grafting persimmon by clicking the search function on the right upper corner symbol of a magnifying glass and type in persimmon grafting. There are so much infos on it over the last several years. You can search on any kind of fruit trees.

Thanks Tony👍🏻

1 Like