November is here now!

A balmy near 80 degrees yesterday turned into 40 degrees for the high today 30 for the low! Wind is blowing steady at least 15-20 mph with gusts much higher. We will be warming back up to low 60’s to mid 50’s for highs next week. How’s your November weather?

Warmest ever! Here in Minnesota, north of Minneapolis, we’re still getting raspberries and strawberries, flowers are blooming, and the honeybees are still going into the hive with full pollen baskets- 5 weeks from the winter solstice! Never seen anything like it.
Party ends tonight though, down to 26 with 22 forecast for tomorrow night

1 Like

Klondike_Mike,
Sounds wonderful! I’ve still got tomatoes on the vines! If this is the new weather we could use some more of it!

Record high yesterday, but the winter front is moving in now

1 Like

Almond blossoms,
Multi-cropping WWP apple,
Tomato blossoms,
Figs on VdB,
Multi-cropping Beauty plum,
Monarch on milkweed, …

4 Likes

Great looking fruits Richard! Has California been getting any moisture? We are dry as dust here with a little rain in the forecast next week.

Ha ha! California’s latitudes from from 32° N to 42° N; similar to the southern border of Georgia and the northern border of Pennsylvania. :slight_smile:

The northern latitudes have been getting seasonal rains but in the very southern counties we’ve had about 0.5 to 1 inch since September 1. More is expected next week. :cloud_rain:

1 Like

Which milkweed is that yellow-flowered one?

Silky Gold Milkweed

1 Like

Check the humidity!

1 Like

Yes, my lips are falling off, today. Ugh. We are supposed to be getting some rain this Monday. I’m not holding my breath, though. :umbrella:

1 Like

@hoosierquilt - for our neighboorhood -

Oh wow. Okay. Still gonna keep my fingers crossed, though! We’ve been promised before, and had the promise reneged, so I’ll be doing the Rain Dance on Monday. When I see it, lol!

Patty S.

Beautiful 70f here. Tomatoes are still limping along (even new flowers) navel oranges are getting closer, and closer. Thankfully we are getting some of those seasonal rains over the weekend. Then a few days sprinkled in with a little rain in the next 14 days.
Temps low to mid 60’s which is normal, so, all-in-all a pretty average November, over here in Norcal

1 Like

Sunday :slight_smile:

1 Like

Sunday into Monday, that’s great!

Patty S.

Weather here similar to yours Clark, but a notch colder. Has been highs in the 60’s with lows in the 30’s for much of the month, and dry. Then yesterday high of 28F and low of 11F with 4-5" of snow. Cold today too, high of 30F and forecast low of 13F or so (already that low). But it seems the weather pattern may be shifting. There is another storm due on Mon-Tue and then another a few days after that one. So perhaps we will finally get some moisture and cooler fall-like temps.

1 Like

Got a foot of snow on the ground and single digit lows tonight…central MN, about 2 hours NW of the Twin Cities.

2 Likes

Ouch!