Off with their heads! Top worked my citruses

Off with their heads! I am heartless and ruthless at times. When I don’t like cultivars, I’d promptly graft them over with the ones I like. I wish it were this easy to do the same with our politicians! :grin::grin::grin:

Switched a few cultivars from my trees, cultivars that had great reviews but turned out I don’t like them, to many new cultivars that I hope would produce better fruits for me on my trees! I’m not willy nilly but time is short, I’d rather enjoy the best one in my yard! The harvest of the previous one isn’t bad, they’re good enough for eating, but not good enough to be award winning.

All bark grafted using certified disease-free budwoods from Citrus Clonal Protection Program (CCPP) …

10 Likes

I second that! Were it possible our current state of affairs would not look so bleak.

Awesome photos of the change over!

3 Likes

What did you graft and what was there before?

I grafted Tarocco #7, Moro, California Rojo, Cara-Cara, Boukhobza, Thong Dee Pomelo, Sarawak Pomelo, Reinking Pomelo…

Replacing Washington Navel, Midknight Valencia, Washington Sanguine, Flame Seedless Grapefruit, Ruby Red Grapefruit.

3 Likes

Last time I tried this on my Meyer lemon, I killed it! I bet leaving no nurse branch was a bad idea. :sob:

1 Like

I applied peroxide then followed up with dilute vinegar to sterilize the branches and leaves before I did the operation.

3 Likes