Our Orchard Chronicles

I envy your property size. I wished I had enough space like you. With that much space you can still plant so many rare hybrid trees, I’m surprise you don’t have a lot of the other popular stuffs. I’m also doing the same thing. Trying to get harvest all year round. Once they are all fruiting I will have fruit all year round. Currently just May-January.

1 Like

John, I agree…we just started 1.5 years back…We will get into planting more and more in the upcoming months. Preparing the land is a big task, as we have hardpan underneath. We had to hire backhoe to shatter some of these hardpans. Luckily for a larger part of the fruit tree side, we could use D10 dozer for deep ripping while preparing the land for the almond orchard. Still the dozer was so big, it could not go near the fence. So we had to use backhoe in those places. Hopefully we will get to plant more very soon…specially citrus…

I’ve encountered hardpan a couple of times. It is a pain to dig. Good luck!

Trees about to shed leaves…

4 Likes

How cool! I’ve been following your thread. My trees will ship near the end of this month, so I’m excited and nervous about planting a hedgerow of fruits in the suburbs.

1 Like

After winter pruning and dormant spray…

3 Likes

Great to know. Please post some pictures once you plant them…

1 Like

Nectaplums are in bloom…

3 Likes

New Additions in 2023:

(a) Cherry, Bing (1)
(b) Pomegranate, Wonderful (1)
(c) Apple, Anna (1)
(d) Pear, Summercrisp (1)
(e) Nectarine, Fantasia (1)

Pomegranate superbloom…

3 Likes

First fruits of the trees…
Flavor King:

Flavor Queen:

Nectaplum:

Persimmon:

Arctic Sweet Nectarine:

1 Like

Parfianka Pomegranate:

LeahCot Aprium:

Cot-N-Candy Aprium:

More Parfianka blooms:

3 Likes

Buckeye Gala Apple:

Pluerry:

3 Likes

Winter pruning of 2024…

5 Likes

Fruit Tree Blooms:

Arctic Pride and Spice Zee (in distance)

5 Likes

Outstanding work!

What are you doing with all the fruit? Selling or?

Wow…you got me beat! That is a lot of trees in a small space. I got 33 trees on 2/3 acre with house and big concrete driveway.

Still the trees are small and did not produce much. Last year, it was all friends and families. This year, we hope to distribute more among them … If it is too much, there are local charities which collect fresh picked fruits…

1 Like