Parafilm budding tape

Can anyone tell me where to get a small roll of parafilm. Grafting and budding tape?

See if this helps:

https://www.midwestvineyardsupply.com/ProductList.asp?categoryid=25&subcatid=84&cat=Budding+%26+Grafting+Tape&Type=True

1 Like

You can get two rolls of half inch or one roll of one inch for $9.99 here: FigBid - Online Auctions of Fig Trees, Fig Cuttings & Growing Supplies - 2 Rolls Genuine Parafilm® Grafting & Budding Tape 1/2" x 1080" (0.5 in x 90 ft)

1 Like

I tried to use the online ordering
but kept running into errors
Finally I tried calling
Nobody was in the office
Left a message.

Amazon has it too. You can also usually buy smaller lengths of actual Parafilm M on ebay, or larger rolls.

Sorry it didn’t work out. It may be that during the winter they take some time off and didn’t make that clear.

1 Like

Well I left a voicemail
Maybe he will call.

1 Like

I’m sure the other sources would be fine too.

Yep, I’ve bought mine on either Amazon or eBay. Never had any issues, quality has been good.

I try to support local independent business.
That doesn’t include. Amazon

5 Likes

I have part of a roll left of the Parafilm grafting tape, not M. You can have it for the cost of shipping if you want it, or don’t find another source. I switched to Parafilm M because it stretches better.

1 Like

Oh cool I gotcha! Sorry if you’d already said that. I try to do the same as much as I can.
Good luck!:four_leaf_clover:

1 Like

Amen…the shutdowns due to virus have hurt local business and helped the giants. Unfair.
Probably unconstitutional.

1 Like

Ebay works for me they also have omega tool like items for sale.

I, too, like to support local business as much as possible. Through this pandemic, I have increased my spending at the local grocery, feed mill, and nursery. However, sometimes it doesn’t make sense to spend $15 dollars on a roll of parafilm when I can get 3 for that price on amazon.
I did most of my Christmas shopping on amazon, as there are small stores on there as well. Ebay is also a great way to spend money with small vendors and not big corporations. My eBay sales are way up during this pandemic.

1 Like

Amazon is cheap
Yes
But they are killing small independent businesses
and
The Post Office is giving them
reduced fees
They can undersell competition.
It’s grossly unfair to the
smaller business.

2 Likes

You do realize that there are thousands of independant vendors on amazon as well as their own company?

2 Likes

OESCO sells the parafilm grafting tape both in individual rolls and 6-pack. They’re a small business in Massachusetts and pretty good about offering advice and product recommendations as well.

2 Likes

Excellent point…the USPS is subsidizing AMAZON while gouging the other customers.
I get a lot of push-back when I bring that up sometimes…but it’s the truth.

You and I wouldn’t take on jobs (not often anyhow) that caused us to go in the red!
But, rather than lose more business, (and thereby lay off unionized postal workers and shorten the hours of others), they took the final delivery of packages from Amazon, UPS, FEDEX, etc…even though there is no money in it. And raised rates on every other customer…you looked to see the “inflation” on post office boxes? Overnight packages? Even shipping of some scionwood?

Certainly…I’ve had calls from Amazon…and I turned down offers to join them as one of their 'independent’s.
Not about to compete on price when most of my services are unique and custom.
Might be some start-ups get a foot in the door that way, but it’s like the J Berry Nurseries that went bankrupt supplying Lowe’s. I’d be interested if there’s a study on how many small businesses end up happy after partnering with Amazon. For, price is the name of that game.
And prompt delivery.