Plant identification please

Cats like catnip for sure; I personally haven’t seen much love for catmint.

@Chills @Viridian Thank you, will remove. I wonder where it seeded itself from, didn’t notice any neighbors with the vine.

Looks like Horehound (Marrubium vulgare).

1 Like

Our neighbors’ cat likes to hang out under our catmint in the summer.

We need the flowers. It could also be a Stachys (hedgenettle) or a Ballota (black horehound). White horehound (Marrubium) is possible but I don’t think it is a good match.

If the plant simply appeared out of nowhere, it may not be a catmint simply because the commonly planted ones don’t make seed.

Here are the flowers,so I guess Catmint?bb

2 Likes

Yeah probably a catmint. The flowers are still not open…those are calices…

2 Likes

While working at a customer’s house,I saw this Cactus.The owner received the plant as a gift and wasn’t sure about the name.
The outer leaves are soft,like a succulent,but older growth has hard spines.No blooms yet.

2 Likes

@Bradybb

maybe …
Austrocylindropuntia subulata

?

1 Like

That very well could be the one,thanks.Common name is Eve’s Pin or Eve’s Needle.
The flowers look cool too,from pictures of others.

1 Like

Could someone tell me what this is? Thanks.

First thing that comes to mind is false Solomon’s seal.

6 Likes

Did you conclude it to be Catmint? (Could it be horehound?)

No,I’m not totally sure.Some cats really like to roll on the plant.
Does Horehound have a minty fragrance?

It is a mint, has rough texture leaves and some ‘hairs’ on back of them I think. Been a few years since I grew it. (I love the horehound candy).

(Catmint, of course, is in the catnip family…milder odor and smaller leaves and most are perennials.)

A friend has this strange succulent house plant that I am hopping to help ID. I don’t have a clue honestly.
The leafs are flat , has a bizarre growth habit with this large (~4inch )bloom.image image image image

Any ideas ?

Epiphyllum oxypetalum, the Dutchman’s pipe cactus, princess of the night or queen of the night?

2 Likes

Thanks !

The flower is edible

1 Like

I got what were supposed to be the aerial seeds of hog peanut (Amphicarpaea bracteata) from a seller on Etsy. They were small, dark and round seeds in little bean-like pods. These seedlings don’t look right to me, though. I think they’re some sort of vetch.

What do you think?

1 Like