Prime Ark Freedom blackberries - Primocanes starting to bloom along with ripening floricanes

Here is what mine look

5 Likes

I planted 6 plants last year from Stark Brothers and every one of them is dead to the ground and gone, any ideas?

they are the most vigorous growing cane fruit I’ve ever grown! I’m in z3b. although my season wasn’t long enough to ripen primocane fruit and florocanes didn’t survive our winters, the plants still put out many new canes every summer . some up to 10ft long! it was a sad day when i had to remove them. not sure what happened to your 6 plants. they should of grown gangbusters for you in your zone.

1 Like

low water area? wet feet is a sure killer

1 Like

I see you are zone 6, what was your low temperature approximately this winter?

I’m in zone 6b, and my PAF canes got killed to the ground too, but have pushed up a bunch of new primocanes. Are you saying you’re not even getting any new canes?

no low water area, they are planted on a slight slope, the winter wasn’t that bad this year in my opinion, I don’t see any new canes, hope I answered everyone’s response, There is one thing that I did is that no one was eating the red raspberries so I pulled all of them and planted the black berries in it’s place.