Question re: fireblight and Tip-Bearing Trees

Human are conditioned to look for patterns, even where none exist, so I want to preface my question with that disclaimer…

I’ve ordered a few scions from Geneva, this year and last year. What I’ve been focusing on are European heirlooms with good dessert quality and fireblight resistance. I’ve found, much to my surprise, that 50% the varieties I’ve ordered are tip-bearers. This is a much higher percentage than what I’d expect from a random distribution. I’m just wondering if this is possibly a coincidence or not and came up with three explanations.

1. There is something about tip-bearers that might explain some level of fireblight resistance (What?)

2. Perhaps the fact that they are tip-bearers is why these apples are obscure? Perhaps all the tasty, fireblight resistant spur bearers are popular, but people don’t want to fuss with a tip bearer and that’s the explanation as to why, with the restrictions I chose, there was a disproportionate amount of tip-bearers.

3. I’m seeing something out of nothing and it’s just coincidence and small sample size. :wink:

I’m strongly betting it’s #3, but just figured I’d like to ask the question as food for thought.