Received Scions

I received my scion order from Cummins the other day. The scions were pricey but very nice and large. Also got 10 myro rootstocks that were nice.

6 Likes

So what scion did you order? I had wanted to see what was sent for an order, to see how costs shook out.

Au Rosa plum and Lavina plum plus 10 myrobolan rootstocks. The rootstocks were $3.45 each, which is a decent price. I ordered a few of each scion since the price per stick goes down quite a bit if you order more than 1 of a variety, but since I can get 5 or more grafts from each stick, I’ll probably just order one in the future. Their variety of plum scions this year was impressive.

So what they send is 20-22" per scion? That’s what I really want to figure out, is their high price for scion worth it. People have said it’s nice, but no one else had a photo. If all of their scion is double the length or better, plus good looking, it -is- worth it.
I got some from an unnamed place that was -exactly- the 8 inch length, seemed to be cut by ruler. They didn’t even care that the scion was cut through a bud both top and bottom, and it was thin.

I also received scions from Cummings this week and Surprised @ the size and length. My scion length were 25" long and from 5/16"-3/8" dia. I am very pleased .

2 Likes