Salsa time

Prime time for tomatoes and cucumbers.

Tony

Big beef and Sweet 100

8 Likes

My Dadā€™s ā€˜Better Boyā€™ tomatoes are so delicious. In the next 10-14 days Iā€™ll be trying 3 of 4 heirloom tomatoes of my own.

Dax

4 Likes

I am canning some baby dills this morning, did a canner load last week too. My cukes arenā€™t overwhelming me yet, for which I am grateful.
Love those maters! They look wonderful. I have about 15 different varieties this year, and all of them are sloooooow to ripen. Black Krim, Celebrity, yellow pear, and Tommy Toe are the only ones weā€™ve eaten so far. Great BLTs Sunday night though! :yum:
I am looking forward to salsa making too. Well, not the actual making it part, but the eating part! :grin:

4 Likes

Yumm. BLT is my favorite sandwich in all the world.

Dax

4 Likes

Iā€™m with ya there, donā€™t even need the bacon!

3 Likes

Totally, a Club sandwich is totally going overboard! :relaxed:

Dax

2 Likes

Yes! I love just tomato sandwiches!

Love the bacon too though. When I was growing up it was just bacon and tomato. Didnā€™t use the lettuce.

Katy

2 Likes

My grandma made BLTā€™s with:
Bacon
Lettuce
Tomato
sweet pickles sliced appx. 1/8"
and mayo. I was always requesting ā€œgo light on the mayo GRANDMA!ā€ :laughing:

Dax

3 Likes

Yā€™all are making me hungry!

I think Iā€™d better revisit the forum after dinner. :wink:

1 Like

We did 'em for lunch today - 'bout had to flip a coin on which of the first ripe toms to go with: Brandywine or Black Krim. Never grown BK before, but we went with BW Sudduth. Oh this is gonna be a too short season I fearā€¦

2 Likes

I put a mixture of BK, TT and Celebtity on my sandwich and it was great!! All that variety made for a fantastic BLT. And actually the L was replaced with kale since that is the only leafy green I have growing right now. Still waiting for some Toms more to ripenā€¦ tons of green ones though.