Saturn donut peach grafted on peach and apricot 2 years old seedlings

My children loved the sweet low acid Saturn donut peaches. Total of 5 cleft grafts. Hopefully a few will take.

Tony

One large Saturn bark graft took last year.

8 Likes

My weather is not conducive to grafting peaches yet.

I also plan to graft Saturn. I lost my Saturn graft on PF24 C when I removed the tree last year. We all like Saturn.

2 Likes

I have two Saturn peach At one point I had those plus 4 Saturn Gold. For some reason my white Saturn peaches have been not very affected by deer while my yellow ones were chomped down heavily. I will say the Saturn peach I have tried from the grocery store put most regular peaches to shame. Downside is they are about 3 dollars a pound here or about 60 cents a peach. That Is the reason I decided to grow mine. I have to say my white donut peach have done great.

1 Like

Update on the Saturn peach grafted on apricot and peach 2 years old seedlings rootstocks. I grafted the about 2 weeks ago when the weather was around 66F. Looks like they are taking.

Tony

2 Likes

Just grafted my two Saturn today, one on a peach seedling, the other is on a nectarine tree. Fingers crossed. The temp was in the 80’s today!! and it will be high 70 for at least a week.

I usually grafted peaches later in May when temp was in high 60’s. This high temp stretch has arrived early and is unusual.

3 Likes

[tonyOmahaz5] Tony, did you water the peach seedlings to be more successful? Or was it rainy when you took the pictures?

I watered them daily just like my potted fig trees

1 Like