SAVING A THREAD FOR LATER OFFLINE READING etc?

hi all,

Is there a way to save/download/email either an entire thread or part of one for later offline reading, saving or archiving?.

I find myself having to block and copy and paste sections and email them to myself.

Mike

Sometimes I bookmark a link for later reference. That seems to work pretty well for me.

1 Like

At least one browser can convert webpages to pdf. Then you can send the pdf to a reader. For example, I just chose a several-page post on growing fruit to pdf using firefox browser on my ipad, then sent it to the books app. There, it can be read as a book.

In firefox, on ipad, the sequence is

the three little dots … in the browser box at the top.

then click on “share page with”

then click on “create pdf”

then click on the “up arrow” in upper right corner.

then “copy to books”

then open books app. I also often send (email) pdfs of research papers or web pages to my kindle for reading.

sorry Im not good at explaining. It can be done. I could not figure it out in safari, and I dont use chrome.

3 Likes

I tried on my Firefox browser on my laptop, which is a Microsoft machine. There I was not able to do the same thing, but still something.

In the browser bar, there is a little thing that looks like a printed page. I clicked on that.

That gave “Reader View” I didn’t like the options there, but it was relatively easy then to highlight the entire page, and copy it to an email, and email it to myself. This was a medium length post, not a super long one but one that went many pages on the browser screen.

If you search on converting web pages to pdf, there is something for various browsers. Once in pdf format, I think it can usually be saved or sent. I like sending to my kindle.

Computer or mobile device? If you’re using Google Chrome you can save a page as a HTML webpage. Go to the three vertical dots on the top right side>More Tools>Save Page As

If you’re using Chrome on a mobile device - select the three dots>click the download arrow. That’s for Android, I have no idea on iOS.

1 Like

Thanx for the suggestions but. I had been doing the block -copy - paste onto email.

I was hoping that there was a more direct way to just download the “thread” directly from the forum to a specified folder on our computer or device.

Mike

xok. not knowing your device, but on ipad, with safari browser, only 5 taps with finger.

1. up arrow

2. create pdf.

3. up arrow.

4. add to notes.

5. save.

then it’s in your notes and you read it any time. access via notes app.

I just use the Bookmark function.

For Android with Chrome just select the three dots and select Share. It will give you all the possibilities such as Mail, Google Drive, Google Keep, Memo, Printer (then select PDF) and many other apps installed on your device.

For a PC with Firefox you can select Save Page As to get it saved as an HTML file or select Print then Print again and change printer to Microsoft Print to PDF.

I know i’ve used select all copy/paste into word and saved stuff that way…although with this scrolling deal on the site, not sure what will copy over…

Something else I use is Microsoft OneNote. You can add it as a browser extension and clip entire web pages. It saves them to an image in the document. Then, you can organize it by categories, take notes, and sync it to any device while using it offline.

I just use the Bookmark function.

For Android with Chrome just select the three dots and select Share. It will give you all the possibilities such as Mail, Google Drive, Google Keep and many other apps installed on your device…

For a PC with Firefox you can select Save Page As to get it saved as an HTML file or select Print then Print again and change printer to Microsoft Print to PDF.