Scionwood sources

Big Horse Creek Farm appears to be winding down:

5 Likes

I am a federal employee- but not with USDA. The information stated here is correct for all furloughed federal government employees.

1 Like

thank you for the link Scott I have gotten scion wood from apple luscious the last few years and Harry is great to deal with but the difference in seasons between bc and ontario causes problems

I hate to see that. Hopefully someone will pick that business up and continue doing what they have been doing. Sooner or later we all just get to the point of stopping what we do for a living. I wish them a nice retirement.

1 Like

Interested in ordering from Richard Fahey with Singing Tree. Do I send cash or check or money order? Thanks!

I’ve always sent a check.

Thank you!

1 Like

Anyone ordering from Temperate Orchard Conservancy this year? I sent them a check last month for a few cultivars, then a few weeks later sent a message asking if they received it. Haven’t heard back. They seem to be pretty hard to get ahold of. Does anyone have contact information besides their inquiry form on the website?

Nevermind. Phone number is on the Facebook page.

Joanie will get back with you it just takes awhile.

Yeah I got my order confirmed from the TOC a few days ago, great people, if I lived there I’d deff volunteer.

1 Like

I wonder why he spoke about Kittageskee near a year after this article was published. https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-news/5-types-of-apples-once-thought-extinct-are-rediscovered/

Either way its a cool story and hopefully TOC will have scion wood for it in the next year or 2.

I just wanted to note that I ordered scions from Brent (via Ebay) and couldn’t be happier! We communicated through Ebay multiple times and he was always very fast to respond. He had an inventory error on one of the apple scions that I ordered so that scion was a little smaller than he would have liked it to be. He let me know that he would send it but offered the choice of another variety or a refund due to that scion’s size. The scions arrived today and they were actually larger and longer than expected. I have ordered a lot of scions from a lot of places this year and understand that not every scion is going to be the perfect size, but when he says that his scions are pencil diameter, they really are.

6 Likes

Clark, Thank you for posting those pages for Singing Tree. I had never heard of him, but placed an order earlier last month and am happily awaiting my cuttings in anticipation of grafting season.

I ordered a few plums, a couple red-fleshed apples, Dolgo and RI Greening.

Its funny I read here how easily apples graft, but that is the one fruit that I have repeatedly failed to graft successfully. (granted most of the time my failures have had unanticipated reasons for failure)…

Scott

1 Like

Thank you glad to help out!

Hello,
I want to find some scions for variegated Pink Eureka Lemons. Does anyone know where I can find them? It seems difficult to find citrus scions in general. Thanks for your help!

1 Like

Doesn’t Bob Purvis usually update by now? His webpage still references the 2019 season.

2 Likes

Someone let me know,that he had a tough year with the weather.Maybe that’s part of it.bb

1 Like

You can email him. He usually responds promptly.

1 Like

He has a preliminary list but he’ll be more sure of what is available in a few weeks.

1 Like