Shipping

Agreed. His commented made me think of the 5 cent coke. There are certain things people mention and you were like oh that was a thing back in the day.

1 Like

Ha no man I just collected stamps when I was a kid and those were easy to find in mint condition and cheap for kids to collect back then.

1 Like

I should have collected sports cards because I held onto my stamps for about 40 plus years, and when I sold them I didn’t get jack. Cards would have been a much different story.

2 Likes

I have had the same experience. A pump I ordered arrived 2 weeks later than the tracking said it would. It was even marked ‘on the truck for delivery’ for a week and it would have been longer if a delivery driver wasn’t in the area and noticed my box in the truck. It wasn’t even on his delivery schedule. I chatted a bit and he confirmed that they were extremely short handed.

2 Likes

My brother just got $1500 for some comics we bought 50 years ago. They could have been worth way more, but we weren’t collectors so they got pretty beat up.

2 Likes

The number of people working is way down…especially men…I saw the labor statistics somewhere. But if we mention why, somebody censors the post.

4 Likes

PSA- I just received this email from pirate ship. This could be a game changer for the live shipping side of things for us, as it seems like most agree UPS is the best (but usually most costly) option.

2 Likes

I think the amount of people working is down for a few reasons. Employers have cut benefits, wages have stagnated, the hiring process is often times very long and you are often not treated as a person at work. Some examples is the pension used to be a thing but is no more in terms of benefits. We all know how most companies the new guy comes in and makes whatever you are making. The person who likely has been working at USPS at least a few years longer than me told me he made half the wages I made. Of course I am not telling him I make double and I am working a lot of overtime and doing night shift which is the reason I make double. He would likely not see it that way though. It took from early April to end of July for USPS to hire me. When I worked for other retail stores it took over a month to hear for a interview. I have been reprimanded at work for giving good customer service. I allowed a passport to leave once to get a money order and my boss wrote me up for it despite not being told I was not supposed to do it and that I was just trying to help the customer. They claimed in was in the 4 hour passport training videos I watched. People don’t want to work in a place that will write you up and possibly have you lose your job over helping a customer. People hear and read about those stories of employees and it makes them not want to work there.

2 Likes

The amount of people just refusing to be treated awfully and paid nothing is kind of a inspiration this past year.

There is a similar movement in China that people are doing called “laying flat”.

If you thought things were moving slowly before wait till next month

All points of view are a good thing. So long as they don’t try to shut down those of differing opinions.

Many are not working because of money from the government.
And many others aren’t working because of masks, vaccines, and other disagreements–freedom of choice having been taken from so many people.

Those are some of the reasons there aren’t enough truckers, delivery drivers, longshoremen and so forth. Others have taken early retirement.
Others have taken accumulated vacation time, not knowing if they’ll get it if they don’t take it now. Many reasons for labor shortages, shipping problems and inflation worst in 40 years.

2 Likes

Sounds like you are trying to avoid saying what the real problem is. The amount of people learning the truth is growing. Soon all will know.

3 Likes

McDonald’s not far from me is offering 22/hr + a signing bonus. Wages are rising, plenty of jobs are available, but the work force is not available because many people are unwilling to work for various reasons. Some don’t want to be vaccinated, some don’t want to be around people who aren’t vaccinated for their own safety or their family members who are unable to be vaccinated. Personal freedom is supposed to be a sacred thing in our country, however the line begins to blur when someone’s actions (or inaction) has the potential to cause significant harm to others. That said, I wouldn’t blame people for choosing to quit instead of being forced to make a decision they didn’t want to make, but maybe when they quit it makes the workplace a little bit safer for those trying to protect their loved ones. I’m not saying either side is necessarily right, just that there are multiple perspectives on what personal freedom actually entails. If enough people quit their shipping company jobs over not wanting a vaccine, they open up a lot of opportunities to other people too, which might not be a bad thing in the long run.

1 Like

I think a lot of people are just not worried about something with a 99.8% survival rate and are questioning why it is being pushed so hard. Israel is almost 100% vaccinated and now has the highest hospitalization and death rate in the world. Several other countries have stopped issuing the vaccine because of injury. Sounds like people have a right to be afraid of an experimental vaccine.

4 Likes

I’m glad I’ve had the virus…and the immunity that a shot cannot provide.

But, so many people have gotten by for a year and a half not working, and many others have been doing work on computer from home…
they’re not eager to go back to a warehouse, delivery van or restaurant…
or many other jobs that demand physical labor all day.

I see labor shortages for the forseeable future.
And, also sorry performance on getting all those packages being ordered online…at least getting them in a timely fashion.

I visited a Dollar General store yesterday in London, KY and the food section had more empty spaces on the shelves than items in stock.
Exception being sugary Coke/Pepsi/etc…well stocked pop and chips
(high profit items).

4 Likes

Have you guys seen the massive amounts of strikes happening all over the country? Denver city public school janitors are not showing up. John Deere, Kellogs, Nabisco, School bus drivers from all over, chicago auto workers, healthcare workers all over the nation. Pilots just not showing up at their job. Frito Lay workers had just worked 178 days in a row with most shifts 12 hours or more at the kansas city facility. Truck drivers, dock workers and longshoremen bubble is about to burst.

Clearly what we are doing has nothing to do with peoples health and its sad we cannot put competent people in charge

3 Likes

True, Its clearly not about health. Its about establishing digital ID (linked to your person and required for everything necessary in life, and able to be limited or turned off by someone else based on your behavior, mindset, etc.) among other things

Its the “decade of vaccines” from the Immunization Agenda 2030 https://www.immunizationagenda2030.org/

Decade of vaccines was called for a decade ago.

Page 8

“The Immunization Agenda 2030 (IA2030) sets an ambitious, overarching global
vision and strategy for vaccines and immunization for the decade 2021–2030”

Page 38

"Promote changes in legislation or in the policy of immunization
and other programmes to extend the national focus beyond early childhood
immunization. Form new collaborations and private-sector partnerships to mobilize
financing for vaccination of older age groups.

Tracking vaccination status: Institute policies for monitoring vaccination coverage at
different ages and facilitating administration of vaccines throughout the life-course"

3 Likes

Of course people don’t want to go into warehouse, delivery, physical labor or restaurant right now. Many of those jobs pay low, if it is customer service based you are constantly getting berated by customers on things you cannot control. I like opening shift at my job because for the first 1.5 hours you get night time pay and you don’t need to handle customers. Every time I end up handling customers things end up being a slog time wise.

1 Like

It’s called the Great Reset. The one world order everyone has heard about their whole life. It’s not conspiracy if you can go on the internet and hear them say it openly out of their own mouths.

4 Likes

Yes, Robert, I’ve been censored too many times for spelling it out.
Basically if only one side of anything is allowed to be discussed,
it is just like propaganda from the old Soviet Union.

Shipping woes may be an issue, as are lack of pilots, truckers, nurses…
but it’s only the part of the iceberg that is visible. Just one more reason to grow more fruit at home!

3 Likes

It’s only a matter of time before doing so is greatly hindered or outright prohibited, in the name of safety, sustainability, and climate.

1 Like