Show Us Your Fridge

I feel better now. When I was making room for my scions this year in my spare fridge in the garage, I discovered quite a few packages from last year! I was really embarrased to know I hadn’t properly cleaned my fridge in a year, but sounds like I’m not alone. ha

1 Like

Yes that’s right! Not sure why I said Pottstown. I actually toured the brewery 21 years ago in college.

1 Like

@thecityman/@Bradybb add me to the last years scions found this winter. I camouflaged them perfectly under bubble envelope after bubble envelope within the seeds drawer… which for no reason is ever used for food.

Dax

2 Likes

Not one severed head? I’m disappointed.

2 Likes

It’s probably behind the scion wood.

1 Like

Dax,

I’ve forgotten what you did for a living. I’m thinking you said you worked for a nursery? Or do you own your own nursery? I only do about 60 fall bud grafts a year, and about 20 spring grafts a year, for my own needs.

This year was the first year I decided to sell some trees and it worked OK. I may start doing more grafting or budding for that purpose.

Hi Olpea,

I’d graft more but I need to clear my greenhouse of all the seedlings I’ve been growing. The excess oaks, etc etc.

When I get that empty I hope to do a couple thousand a year. I’ve been constructing raised beds for the purpose of heeling grafts in and/or planting rootstock seed.

I was diagnosed in 2003 with schizoaffective disorder, bipoloar, and obsessive compulsive. They’ve since knocked off the obsessive compulsive. I’m great at socializing with people in limited periods of time but then I get tired and need to go home. I write well and enjoy forums such as these, and never have any issues anymore that impede me from living as productive a life as I can. Like I say though, I don’t handle large crowds very well and 15 minutes might be enough for me and then I split! Get home to my dog :relieved:

If was very difficult for me, for my family, & for my closest friends in the very beginning. My mind was wild and all the regulars were in place: govt. after me; Dad is a hitman for the mafia and is going to kill me; Mom is going to poison me; Wild!

I’ve just simply gotten better. & in the meantime, I graft trees to make additional income and because it’s my favorite thing on earth to do.

Dax

7 Likes

Scions for people-grafting go in the walk-in fridge.

1 Like

Unfortunately, my wife would freak if I piled my fridge up with scions like that! Thanks again to those of you holding onto scions for me until I’m ready… and for contributing to our peace in the home! Yep, happy wife, happy life! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Dax,
I think it is awesome what you are able to accomplish with grafting. I have a somewhat addictive nature and I prefer to channel it into grafting dwarf trees. My lot is very small plus I have far more trees than I “need”. Soon I will be spreading eXtra fruit to frinds and food banks. This is a much healthier and less expensive hobby than most I can think of. Graft on!

5 Likes

@Quill! I will continue on!

Thanks a lot,

Dax

2 Likes

Yup you got that right! And in my case I’m happy to be the wife. Hubby wouldn’t notice a truck parked inside the fridge, let alone sticks. Then again I only got one ziplock bag full of sticks. Nothing like you guys…

4 Likes

Dax thanks for starting such a great thread. Now my wife knows I’m not the only one. I wanted to share some photos but my wife said she’d kill me lol.

4 Likes

Ha, that’s funny!

Dax

Along with the meth lab in the greenhouse :wink:

I just have apricot seeds sprouting in my refrigerator. In pyrex. They are actively growing. Need to pot up.

Luckily, my wife just cleaned out the fridge or it would still be filled with unsightly things.

I thought I was the only crazy person until I read this thread. Crazy in a good way.

Scions and cuttings on the shelf and in the door.

1 Like

Hmmm alcohol, fake syrup for the kids and real syrup for the adults. Same as my fridge.

3 Likes

Show us your dishwasher!

8 Likes

Years ago my bull mastiff decided that she wanted to lay on the dishwasher door. It did not turn out well, she was 160 pounds.

1 Like

@thepodpiper That must’ve been “cute.”

Dax