Sorbets, Ice Creams, Yogurts and all things Frozen or Slightly Chilled

i have made a lot of icecream myself.

And it almost always was still soft, weeks after freezing. I had 5+ different flavors made at different dates in my freezer. (made 2 kilo = 4 pounds) each week. And then had icecream almost every day. a bit of each flavor.

The “tricks” posted in my post above, can help you make scoopable peach icecream.
However since peach has a high water content, your gonna have to put some effort into it.

Banana or pineapple (overripe/dryer side) put in a blender and than into an icemachine will be easier to get to a scoopable consistency. (just the fruit, single ingredient. if you have low quality ice macine. or your bana/pineapple are juicy add 5-10% of total weight in sugar. Or add a little port or another high % alchol drink)

Also not taking the ice out of the macine before it is toroughly frozen helps. If there is to much unfrozen water in the icecream when you put it in the freezer, that makes it form the solid block.

for peach
You’ll likely have to add a lot of sugar for sorbet ice. Less if you make it more airy with aquafabe.

Or add a lot of fat/cream if making a ice cream. (dairy ice)
for the dairy/cream ice it also helps to let your “mix” sit in the fridge for a few hours before putting it in the freezing/stirring icemaker.

i have limited experiance but did some experiments with thickening the mix by boiling or heating it low heat for long time. To get the water content down. It usualy changes the taste a bit.

I also tried some emulsifiers, but never got really consistent results with them. i think i still have a jar of arrowroot somewhere i wanted to try out.

i also tried DIY fractional freezing. by putting fruit in the freezer “open” so the water that went out of the fruit, and form the layer of ice in the freezer was seperated from the fruit.
However the thawing of the fruit to make the “mix” to put into the icemacine usualy ruined the texture for me. And my blender could not mix the frozen fruit fine enough for a proper texture.

1 Like