Spring signs!

“Spring” in Spokane right now.

I’m encouraged by a few patches without snow…
But at least it is melting!

9 Likes

Most of mine are too. And I have to admit that I really search to find those nodes that are beginning to break. I think my seedlings are in a microclimate of sorts—low to the ground close to the woods. Probably half of them have small leaves.

1 Like

Blueberry grapes coming out to play!

7 Likes

I’m going to have to mow soon! Things have really taken off this year very quickly.

2 Likes

Nice! My muscadines are getting tiny leaves. Also like your Indian Paintbrushes in the background and maybe Vetch? Do you have Blue Bonnets?

This little peach is looking like it’s going to bloom soon!

2 Likes

We do! I’ll have to share a pic of Zoe in the yard with them. They are beautiful!

1 Like

I’ll be darned…out for my daily walk and I heard several bluebirds. I didn’t figure they’d be here yet, but they are. Seems right around 3/20-3/23 they show up every year no matter what the conditions

2 Likes

It may be a day length or sun angle thing.

2 Likes

They stay on my land through the winter. One of the few birds I see around when it’s cold here. Not cold like you get, but still!

1 Like

You would think that their food supply would be awfully limited that far north this tim of year but who knows. I watched a documentary once that showed hummingbirds feeding on sap when a late cold snap stopped flowers from blooming

1 Like

Martins should be here 1 April. Will see if they make it or fool me.

Daffodils sprouting next to the house. There is still snow everywhere else so it looks wrong!

4 Likes

Black raspberries in the greenhouse. photo 03/21/19

6 Likes

my ohio treasures canes are 6ft. high and i still can’t see them yet! my elders are 8ft and are just starting to show.

6 Likes

It’s hard to participate in this thread, as most the springs signs here, are normal year round signs lol.

Okay, our citrus are leafing out like crazy! :sunglasses::tangerine::tangerine::lemon::lemon:

7 Likes

Satsuma Plum:

8 Likes

Hollywood Plum

violets

Daffys

Nadia cherry plum

My bearded iris bed. No where near bloom but the woodstove ashes seed to have geiven them a nice boost this year.

14 Likes

Just took these pictures today!

19 Likes