Stopping Curly Leaf Plum Aphids Now

This morning,I noticed some young Plum leaves were somewhat folded.After removing and opening one,there were some Aphids on the underside.
Earlier in the season,before the flowers opened,up to when color can first be seen,sprays were done with soap and oil.
This is an important time to try and get them.@Richard,I have some of your recommended insecticide,Ortho Tree & Shrub Fruit Tree Spray.I’d like to use it,but there are still a few varieties with flowers and some Bumblebees were on them.Will it be harmful to them?
I could possibly use something milder,like Safer Soap or home made mixture.

1 Like

The product you mentioned kills on contact and is not systemic. Spraying around sunset will avoid contact with most bees, save a few stragglers. If you mix to the concentration on the label then 12 hours later the spray will be inert. It will nail any aphids it comes in contact with.

1 Like

@Richard
I’m not sure about the shelf life of the Ortho Fruit Tree Spray.Ever since the first time using it,the color has been brownish and is the consistency of a light syrup.
When going to the Ortho site,it is shown to be be clear,when poured and something like water for viscosity.Is that what yours is like?
Maybe mine has gone bad and is not very useful.