Strange weather this year 2022

88f and windy. fire danger warnings are out. going to have to water again tonight. we are supposed to be in the rainy season now.

1 Like

Yesterday we set a new record for the wrong reasons shown below. Then it stormed on us so we were without power second time this week. We were without water day before. The week before was really cold and it rained a lot. My dogs were so scared they were sitting on me shaking from the thunder and lightening strikes.

1 Like

Clark, isn’t that really hot for May???

2 Likes

@mrsg47

Yes it’s not unheard of in Kansas to be snowing or to be in the 90s in May or both but even here near 100 F is very unusual for so early in May. The other thing is these wild weather swings are lasting for longer periods of time than normal. Kansas seems to be the new Florida for now. It can also get to -26F here sometimes as well but typically doesn’t. I’m not saying -30F couldn’t happen this winter after these near 100 degree days in May but again that would be very strange weather not typically seen here. The week before saw highs of 60s lows in the 30s.
https://www.kansascity.com/news/weather-news/article261239707.html

4 Likes

We have mid 80’s to lower 90’s forecast for the next 10 days, with a small chance of rain each day, 50% Saturday… looks like the best bet. We could use a good rain.

Ideal heat to get my Okra and Tomatoes going… Strawberries and Red Gem Goumi are ripe now… a few honeyberries (have not had a really good HB yet)… quite tart and bland so far. I think my birds are getting them before they get to that ideal ripeness.

2 Likes

Finally getting some good grafting weather

1 Like

A little hail in the early morning thunderstorm that came through a bit ago.
Things good in Kentucky…although the 5-day has thunderstorms…and some days in 70’s and a couple days in 80’s. April on the cool side, May looks to be more summer-like.

1 Like

Here in Seattle, April was one of the coolest on record, and May is already the 14th wettest on record and we’re only halfway through it. The jet stream has been pounding us with system after system this year!

2 Likes