Stuffed figs recipe (comic)

This really makes me wish I could grow figs:

(It’s in British English so to translate: “dstspn” must mean dessert spoon … corrections welcome).

4 Likes

Hi Mark!

Since I’m the biggest «fig pig» on the planet I will do this recipe next fig season for sure. I will give you my favorite fig recipe. SOOOOOOOO. Simple:

For 6 figs: Use 7 Tsp of honey, 1 branch of fresh rosemary (do not use dry rosemary leaf), 6 slices of «real» feta cheese (meaning cheese made with sheep milk). Heat the honey and rosemary to simmer or low temp (20/30 minutes). Cut the feta block slowly into 6 slices of 4 mm each. Cut each fig from top to bottom into 4 mm slices. Put the slices on the piece of cheese, put the honey on top. Eat slowly if you can. Cheers! Marc

Addendum: forgot to mention that the feta slices should NOT be refrigerated/cold. They should be serve at room Temp. Or better heated for a few second in microwave oven.

Sounds like an excellent treat! Thanks for sharing it. Is it ever made with walnuts or pecans?

Walnuts have a strong reputation to go hands in hands with figs so GO AHEAD!!! You can drink a fine ice wine with it or Porto. Personally I do this: let the figs slices bathe in Porto for 2/3 hours at room temp. Before doing the recipe. You will remember the experience for a couple of weeks!!!
Marc

2 Likes

These are some nice fig recipes.

This book loves to reference other recipes in the book

2 Likes

Hi there!

All the recipes looks yummy and easy to do. Will certainly try them next fig harvest. Thanks! marc