Sugar Twist Pluerry

I am living in Washington I have to pay tax if I order. How come I can’t find information about Sugar Twist Pluerry from Davewillson website any more.

So you do not order from the nurseries " on hold" some sugar twist you asked for before?

That’s because it’s a new introduction.

1 Like

I have two on reserve at Bay Laurel Nursery. I’m going to give one to my friend.

1 Like

I really like to order 1 but no more room to plant except in big container.

Plant them in a container.

1 Like

I just ordered 1 Sugar Twist today, maybe will replaces 1 of my 3 Nadia cherry plum.

3 Likes

Anyone else planting a sugar twist pluerry next year?

1 Like

Yes’r

2 Likes

What all do you grow in containers?

I don’t have room in my yard.

I was just curious of what you have growing in containers?

Yes, I will be planting a Sugar Twist. One of the local nurseries here gets their bareroot DWN trees the week before Christmas, so it won’t be long. Also I’m hoping to finally get a Golden Sunset plumcot. I tried one at a fruit tasting a couple years ago and they were great.

https://www.tomorrowsharvest.net/our-products/fruit-trees/plumcot/golden-sunset.html

2 Likes

Lucky, I wont get mine until early February.

I will be planting one

There has not been a whole lot of glowing reviews of DWN Pluerries. Sweet treat has been an overall dud from the sounds of it. I think Candy Heart has been received a little more positively. But it sounds like none of them have any cherry flavor what so ever and when compared to the best rated plums and pluots they seem to disappoint.

That being said, Suger Twist could be the one that knocks your socks off and makes people want to any Pluerries. I’ll wait for the initial reports before buying in.

1 Like

Sad news, It looks like Sugar Twist may be a crop failure this year. I went down to my local nursery to pick mine up today, they are always one of the first to get the DWN bare roots in and they told me they think DWN had a crop failure on the Sugar Twist this year. I also call around to a few other nurseries that I know get bare roots early and nobody else has them. I hope it isn’t true, but no Sugar Twist for me this year.

Don’t say that. LOL.

No wonder why Sugar Twist Pluerry is no longer listed on Raintree Nursery.

I will contact Raintree and see if they are going to carry them.

I contacted Dave Wilson Nursery via Facebook, and this is what they replied, “We were only able to bud a small number because the parent tree at zaigers is fairly small.”

1 Like

I just got an email from Bay Laurel saying “We are sorry to tell you that we were severely shorted on the Sugar Twists and so do not have one for you this season.”

Nuts