T-Post and U-Post tips and tricks, gadgets, accessories

Agreed the T post pullers are very handy!

They can be had at a better price if you have a tractor supply near by.
https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/product/t-fence-post-puller?cm_vc=-10005

2 Likes

Oh yes. You should see the bulge on my cattle panel compost bins. They are heaping above the 52 inches and he spiral hinge is holding well.

1 Like

Used quite a bit of Wedge-Lok fittings, early on, to make quickly-erected (temporary) corner & end assemblies for our high tensile horse/cattle fencing

1 Like

I got my t-post puller from Tractor Supply. This is a tool that I use more than I thought I would. Sometimes I want these posts to be used in temporary locations.

2 Likes

Here is a picture where I am using the spiral hinge on my cattle panel compost bins. So far, it is passing the stress test. Using clevis pins on the other side. Looking for something better than the clevis pins.

1 Like

I agree this is an interesting post - haha. Not too original, but here are a few things I have done with T-posts. I have a huge Eureka Lemon that had a branch needing major support…two T-posts driven into the ground, straddling the limb, with some scrap shade cloth tied into a sling between them. Has worked great with no limb damage. When a large plant is leaning into a walkway, etc., I use a post to tie against and pull the plant upright. I will use a post, driven lightly into the ground so it can be easily removed, as a temporary GoPro mount for videoing bird feeders, etc. I used a post to support a platform that is attached to the top of a fence so that a friendly cat can eat and not get attacked by another cat! Has worked well. I tried to use posts as stock for welding projects. You can easily cut and weld them, but there is almost nothing straight about them and making joints just isn’t worth the effort (unless you wanted to weld them end to end to lengthen them).

1 Like

A few years ago I bought some dog tie stakes for $1 each at a flea market. They’re helping anchor my blackberry trellis posts, along with some “wire rope” and clamps.

I plan to put “field fencing” on t-posts at some point and wonder if anyone has experience with these? As opposed to the standard wire clips typically used.

1 Like

I’ve only used the kind you have to bend with a screwdriver or special tool, but those look pretty handy.

@Dbang What is the black material you have lining the compost bin?

1 Like

That is greenhouse ground cover. 6 foot wide.

1 Like