The lavender fields in Valensole, France

Thank you so much for this information. I have been asked here in France, do Americans have lavender fields? Not one came to mind. Now I can tell them about yours!

Fragrant Isle website says they have 20,000 lavender plants. I suppose a drop in the bucket compared to the production in France. But it is a beautiful place according to the photos. A former employee I once worked with 15 years ago is employed there. Ask for Kira Johann if anyone makes it there to tour. Half the fun will be taking the ferry ride from the mainland out to the island. The ferry runs about every hour during the summer season. They offer several types of lavender.

I must confess although my wife and daughters love the stuff, it can be a bit overpowering for me on the scent. I hear it can be used in cooking? I enjoy the beautiful flowers.

1 Like

Reminded me of this

Lavender is one of my favs too. It’s too easy to grow here if you abuse it (which I’m happy to). Once I found a beautiful lavender plant with long stalks, planted in front of a random office building. I just stopped my car and took some cuttings. I now have lavender everywhere in my yard :slight_smile:

7 Likes