This place got everything

This place is amazing and close by. Just bring your pick up, load up 2 yard and go. They do it pretty quickly, 15 minutes.

4 Likes

Good prices, those are wholesale rates.

1 Like

I wish I could find pine mulch and had a place like that! The bulk mulch place Iā€™ve been emailing about fines since last summer said they canā€™t get bark. The mills are just burning it.

the prices are for approximately 1/2 yard ā€œscoopā€. Most places advertise price per cubic yard, so hopefully people are keeping that in mind when evaluating the price.

I think the county dump has competitive prices where I live. 20 to 23 dollars for a cubic yard of compost, top soil or mulch

There is free mulch near me at recycling centers if you are willing to break your back both loading and unloading. Itā€™s worth it to me.

2 Likes

Free mulch here, too, but I have to load and unload. Good exercise, I figure.

This stuff they are selling is of higher quality, furthermore if you doing container gardening you have to be more selective. For regular gardening I can get free mulch from my electric company, they will dump 2 or more chipping truck loads to my place, they even ask you where you want it dump. A pile 8 foot high, 16 foot long, itā€™s not good for my container gardening, sorry.
Container gardeners are crying for selective stuff for as far back I can remember . Members here are more into general inground growing. My inground treeā€™s are doing great without the free stuff after 4 or more years of free stuff. More free stuff more spraying.

My local big box stores must have 1000 wrapped pallets of ā€˜mulchā€™ sitting beside the stores. In a month my local gas stations even have 20 or so pallets of ā€˜mulchā€™. If you pay attention those pallets are at alot of placesā€¦ people cant resist buying the bags of colored wood.

I forget what holiday it is but the red/black/brown etc colored mulch goes on saleā€¦and people go crazy buying them up.

The average American citizen wants a neat tidy bag with nice writing on it.

What a great idea someone had to turn old stumps and garbage into flowerbed gold.

1 Like

It is a racket, just like bottled water.

3 Likes