Toka plum my new favorite

These guys will be ready soon. They are my new favorite bubblegum plum now. Reliable yearly and very sweet and super juicy with that bubblegum fragrance.

16 Likes

Jealous. The trees grew well for me but I could never control PC so I cut them down. :slightly_frowning_face:

1 Like

Must be a great plum because a lot of people like it. Some say it’s the very best as I’ve read across this forum for years, now.

Dax

1 Like

@tonyOmahaz5 , @Barkslip,

It is a perfect plum. It can be eaten and enjoyed from the time it develops some color and is beginning to ripen through the time it is fully colored up and ripe even until it is very soft.

At each stage, from pucker worthy until it is falling apart soft and sweet in your mouth, the flavor profile changes and with each being exceptionally good in its own stead.

I just planted a second one.

@maineorchard,
Sorry to hear you gave up on it. Are you sure you had your timing down for the PC issue?

Its a shame to have to give up on such a good one

Mike

7 Likes

I should get my first Toka this year. A few weeks ago I had 40 or so on the tree, now maybe 10. No idea where they went, they’re still green so I double squirlls or birds and they’re not on the ground.

3 Likes

I never managed to get any Toka, but have you tried Black Ice? That one was excellent for me.

2 Likes