Triumph and Early Fry muscadines 2017

Muscadine season has officially started for me in Northern VA. Disclaimer: muscadine is my favorite temperate fruit. It is up there with rambutan for me. So I may hype them up too much. These 2 varieties are early season bronze muscadine. Triumph is self-fertile and Early Fry is a female. Below are a few pictures and youtube links that I made for them.

Triumph:

The berries in my hands are green (unripe), half-green and completely ripe. There aren’t any dead ripe berry on the vine.

Early Fry:

https://youtu.be/xi0bUhVBIK8

9 Likes

That’s a big crop and big berries. How are they dried? Or maybe they’re seeded?

1 Like

They are very juicy. They have a very good balance tart and sweetness. A dead ripe muscadine is comparable to a perfect peach. Their taste is very consistent from year to year. They are seeded.

4 Likes

Very nice!! My muscadine crop is almost over except my Fry has decided to put on another crop that I think will ripen (we have a long season). I just have small amount of fruit on 2nd year vines. I have one vine that I do not know what it is and it is my favorite. I have a one year vine of Triumph and I have thought that the vine appearance and growth pattern was very much alike. Your pictures of Triumph look like the fruit on my unknown vine also. I hope that is what it is. I like those grapes so well that I am attempting to air layer it so I can have more of that fruit!

Picture of my unknown vine and ripe fruit

Katy

5 Likes

They look great. I think more people will start growing muscadines as word gets out on how easy they are.

2 Likes

I have grown them in the past and loved them. Are there any good seedless varieties?

2 Likes

I heard there are but I don’t have any.

1 Like

Excellent videos, thanks for sharing

1 Like

Do you have any seeds of the Early Fry Muscadine Grape?
I’d like to try them out.