Ts hardy

I don’t know much about this pear but the graft on ornamental pear is growing great.

4 Likes

The trees I have grafted of TS Hardy have always been vigorous growers and I havent seen any disease on them. Yet to get any pears off of my older ones though.

2 Likes

I am not sure what type of root stockthis is. It came from some type of ornamental pear my grand pa planted. This root stock was what appeared to be a sucker . There were dozens under each tree. The parent tree was very tall , this may grow into a big tree

1 Like

@Derby42
Jason,
Figure you should be getting pears this year or next. Got some ts hardy pears last year and this year they are loaded up with fruit buds again. Got my scion wood from @TurkeyCreekTrees years ago.

On August 24th 2019. Various pears were picked. The far left is left Drippin Honey , unknown pear variety (middle), ts hardy (right side)

Wanted to let everyone know what to expect on ripening time, appearance etc since ive not seen or heard much about these pears

2 Likes

Yes, it looks like it , it actually bloomed last year but didn’t set fruit, the tree is pretty young still

1 Like