Was going to post something exactly like it

but this website(among multitudes) beat me to it…
may be grown as an annual if you’re gardening in higher latitudes
forgot to add as it apparently wasn’t mentioned-- if for any reason just one seed sprouts from that packet you bought from ebay, you could still share cuttings with your neighbors.
moringa cuttings strike like bermuda grass runners! and may simply strike a cutting into a small pot and bring indoors over the winter to be placed at one’s south-facing window. If your winters don’t go much lower than 30F and only for short periods, then you’ll have a perennial tree which resurrects every spring from its rootstock, left outdoors and unsheltered.
lastly, it was mistakenly described as ‘being more spicy than arugula.’ Not true.

I started a bunch for the first time this year, I agree the taste is not as hot as arugula, better I think.

From what I understand moringa likes nutrient rich soil but sparse water once established. The seedlings did not like being transplanted much but are doing better now. Hoping to overwinter some in containers, will probably need some lights and maybe cat netting.

1 Like

Cat netting?

They like to eat house plants. The spicy flavor probably won’t stop Wilma :wink:

1 Like

i agree! it is just a little spicy when raw, but when simmered in broths, cream of corn, chowders, etc, the flavor profile transforms into a pleasantly nutty leafy vegie. The leaves don’t get mushy even when overcooked, which is a plus.

btw, if overwintering is too much trouble, and your garage is just borderline freezing , you could simply just grow some in pots, and keep them in your garage. All of above-soil level will die(thus not needing artificial light and cat netting), and if rootstock is big enough, it is capable of ‘hibernating’ and will resprout the following spring, much like lemongrass.