What are you thankful for?

Tony,
That dessert looks fabulous. I love taro. Not sure why it has not gained any recognition in the US. I take taro over sweet potato anyday.

1 Like

Having finally been able to get it together to get back here, been a long, difficult year . Thank yu scott for keeping this going. Now, have patience with me folks, life is still scattered and being ruled by brain cancer treatments and monitoring. No pity parties please

On the plus side, the peach and apples did okay last Spring and Summer even with my diminished attention. Hoping after a year of lower fruit loads the trees had a chance to build strength for next year.

Wishing you all the best, Michaael.

1 Like

Michael

Wishing you a full recovery and many more years of having to figure out how deal with all the hassles your orchard throws at you.

Mike

Michael, one day at a time really works! Feel better soon. :kissing_heart:

Alan, sounds like you’ve had a really good year. You’re living the dream, man!

I’m thankful for the meager six (6) apples my orchard provided me this year.

Joking aside, I am so thankful for this forum. And that’s an understatement.

Thanks everyone!

3 Likes

Oh snap. Mrs G, those are some nice pics of your fruit. Huzzah!

2 Likes

Taro chips are rad.

Michael, wishing you a happy healthy new year.

I’m just thankful I can grow good fruit my family likes! Black caps, blueberries, and figs all did well this year. Hopefully apples and pears fruit better and avoid deer next year!

Matt its been a very good year. I am one lucky gal and I am very thankful for that and new friends like you!

For this site helping me grow healthy apples.

3 Likes

I’m not thankful for not having any more space to grow all of the other fruits talked about here.

1 Like

I’m thankful for the rekindling of my passion for growing fruit trees. Life stuff and battling birds and squirrels nearly got me down but I feel totally recommited to growing and learning from growing fruit. Honestly reading the posts on this site from all of ya’ll has been quite inspirational and I look forward to sharing many more years of adventures with you all!

3 Likes

How great!!!

1 Like

I am thankful for another year where my wife didn’t kill me over my gardening habit. She wants the attention, and I better give her as much as I do the garden! If I suddenly stop posting call the authorities!

1 Like

I am thankful for category 1 farmland and the internet where I can quickly acquire rare varieties and knowledge.

1 Like

39thparallel,
Having seen your land I’m fairly confident there is no better land in the area. If you put in a fence you’d have to be careful the fence posts don’t start growing lol. I’m joking but do mean it could literally happen.

First I’m thankful for my family. The most recent addition is a beautiful granddaughter that is now two months old. I’m also thankful for this forum that Scott founded. It is awesome to have a site to converse about our favorite hobby with similar minded people. Bill

4 Likes

Wow, better keep some tip roots! Hey have you seen nightfall thornless blackberry? Tested as ORUS 1486-2. I just sent a wyeberry to a friend and asked if anybody has it? I never heard of it. I guess an OSU cultivar.
I’m always looking for good berries.
Speaking of good berries, no great berries Marionberry is fantastic. A new thornless variety is around I heard about. I hope to obtain one next year.
A lot of the new testings look good. Also some new raspberries, and strawberries too that look promising. I’m thankful for that!

Thank you MrsG. ODAT indeed!