What are your autumn flowers blooming?

I grew moonflower before.I love its large white flower and fragrance in the evening. It’s a very elegant flower

Tea

6 Likes

I’m collecting several flowers to dry every day… the tea of this flowers have the same properties of green tea without theanine

1 Like

Really?so I should collect its flowers as well?
It has a lot more flower buds.
Should I collect full bloom flowers and dry them?

1 Like

Hi! I don’t know what is your porpouse. Mine is to grow it to get the flowers for tea…
It’s not much viable to me to transform the leaves. So the flowers are much better to make tea. I have 5 plants.

My green tea is about to bloom. Full of buds swelling. I just brought it in the house last night. I remember mine bloomed last winter and the flowers are really sticky (they would fall on the floor and stick). It did set seed but i forgot to do anything with them.

1 Like

6 Likes

Confused sour cherry

1 Like

I started out with 60+pots of tea plants 7~8 years ago. Now I only have 4 left. Long winter is difficult time to keep them alive. I hope I will still have 4 in the spring. My tea plants flower every year and set seed pods. However all the seeds were hollow, not viable seeds. I wish I can have more viable seeds to grow more plants.

I have never had tea flowers for making tea.I always use tea leaves either dried or fresh. How do you process the tea flowers, just dry them under the sun?

1 Like

I simply let them dry outside on shadow… they dry very fast.

Do you pick the flowers at full bloom stage or flower buds?

1 Like

Full bloom…

Understood.I will try to make some. Thanks for new method of making tea

1 Like

:+1: Glad to help!

Here’s that Salvia gregii. Another plant that I think will be super exciting if it works here. I plan to put it in a gravelly raised bed for full moisture control.

3 Likes

Look like a type of snap dragon

1 Like

It does have that look, doesn’t it? It’s a kind of sage, though. Ticks a lot of boxes for me: nice bright blooms, long bloom period, attractive to hummingbirds, glossy, aromatic foliage. It also doesn’t hurt that it’ll be pretty unusual around here.

1 Like

I can’t remember the name of this perennial. I bought it several years ago. It has very pretty flowers in the fall. It is a shade or partial shade
plant.

4 Likes

Toad lily?

That’s really quite lovely!

1 Like