What are your autumn flowers blooming?

Yes but Logee’s call it with a much nicer name :grin:, something with the word Japanese in it

1 Like

Been having fun searching the garden for fall flowers. Here is Yacon:

4 Likes

And Blanket Flower (Gaillardia):

4 Likes

Here’s a weird one: Quillquiña (Porophyllum ruderale).

2 Likes

My perennial mums. This no name one comes back every year.

7 Likes

‘Vienna Waltz’ chrysanthemum

I was too busy to give it much care this year, but it still produced some nice flowers.

Intergeneric hybrid waterlily ‘Detective Erika’

7 Likes

I was going to try this as its a pretty tough one here. But the pineapple sage has similar blooms and has better fragrance and use (from what I read). I’m searching for some cuttings.

1 Like

Yeah, the Epilobium doesn’t really smell like anything. I’m mostly interested in it as a hummingbird magnet.

1 Like

It is a very nice one! Did you plant it as seeds or got the root? I bet it is not winter hardy?

1 Like

Calendula

Blanket flower

Lavatera

Volunteer marigold

Calibrachoa

Tod’s lily (gift from @mamuang)

5 Likes

I got most of my chrysanthemums, including ‘Vienna Waltz’, from King’s Chrysanthemums. They are somewhere in the midwest now, but they used to be located in California, near Sacramento. I visited their greenhouses once. It was the most amazing thing I ever saw. Spider mum flowers bigger than dinner plates. Whole greenhouses full of them, in all different colors.

They are winter hardy here (zone 10a). That plant is grown from a 2019 cutting. I didn’t give them any winter protection. But I have a feeling they wouldn’t be hardy much colder than this.

3 Likes

I saw this on my walk today. Does anyone know what it is? I’m fairly certain it’s a Salvia of some sort.

3 Likes

Bees are happy with whatever are blooming in my yard at this point.

6 Likes

Rain Lily, Zephyranthes candida:

4 Likes

Google Lens says: Salvia dorisiana.

1 Like

Hmmm… That’s a good contender. I’ll have to see if they come back in the spring or if they die over winter. That one is supposed to be zones 9-11. We’re right on the 5/6 line.

This is a repeat. This mum is very hardy. It still bloom during light snow.

I live its toughness and its bright, beautiful red color.

10 Likes

Tippy, I love mums too. Easy grow, beautiful fall bloom

2 Likes

@Monardella this one’s for you

1 Like

Stranger in a strange land. Nice Monardella macrantha. Odd that the “head” of flowers is bearing 1 or 2 flowers. Normally they would have perhaps 10 or more. Well it must be terribly confused. Would love to know if it can handle the winter.

1 Like