What are your autumn flowers blooming?

I’m hoping it will. I think the low flower count is just related to transplant shock. It had some buds at planting, that fell off, and then it grew some more a few weeks later. It took a looong time for them to open, probably because of the days getting shorter. I’m hoping to really increase my diversity of hummingbird attracting plants by trialing some of these southwest natives.

1 Like

I love this bright color. Do you know what it call? I am buying mums now to plant in my garden and would like to add this color.

Native climbing aster in bloom now

7 Likes

Kate,
A friend gave it to me. She did not know the name. The flower are small but plentiful. In the spring, please remind me. I’ll see if I could dig some up and send them to you. Just pm me.

1 Like

Thanks Tippy. I would take up on your offer.

1 Like

6 Likes

What is the name of the fall daisies?

1 Like

Is the last pic Montauk daisy?

Nice Rue and Tithonia.

1 Like

Montauk Daisies !!!

1 Like

Thank you!

My Christmas Cactus is confused. I brought it indoors a few days ago. It is blooming now!!!

7 Likes

Tippy, very nice. I love this color. Mine are still small flower buds. I hope they can bloom soon.

Not sure what is this plant’s name. The leafs and roots are edible, the bloom is fragrant. It is very easy to grow.

2 Likes

@IL847

May be lizards tail ? Not sure , but looks similar.

Maybe something else ?

too[quote=“Hillbillyhort, post:75, topic:31584”]
Saururus cernuus
[/quote]Leafs has citrus aroma when crushed. Thanks for the help. The shape of the flower looks similar but the leaf is not the same. This plant has potato like root(also little tubes in air) is very drought resistant

I can send you cutting if youwant. The plant is quite big.

Tippy, it’s very nice of you to offer the cuttings. Thanks! I think have this color( I got various color cuttings last year/this spring,but lost track of what color plants are still alive and what colors are dead😌).I will know till they bloom to put label on each pot. I will post mine (5~6 different colors ) as they bloom. If you like the color I can send you cuttings too

I gave away my large yellow and pink ones. I don’t want to keep a lot of indoor plants any more. Gave and get rid of many this time.

I have been giving away and getting more cycle. Start more cuttings to give to friends every year. It’s so easy to grow(well, depends. Some of my friends, I have to give them plants every year. It only last one bloom season in some people’s hands)and fill the room with beautiful color during holiday season.