What are your Spring flowers blooming?

Happy to see all these nice pics!
All the fruit trees have already bloomed. Now the fruit is forming
Here are a few from today

Apricots on the way!

Nectarine from Feb 6th

7 Likes

Wow. Something to look forward to. I think I saw a palm tree. How easy do they grow indoor? I have a lot of date palms seeds that I want to grow

2 Likes

Nectarine Big Top :blush:

Cornelian cherry

Spring flowers

2 Likes

They are picky with out the proper lighting …but fun to grow. It’s a queen palm i’ve had for 3 years. It spends the winter out in the greenhouse.

1 Like

The osoberry bushes (Oemleria cerasiformis) are starting to flower – usually one of the first things in the early spring here, can’t wait until they ripen in early summer! :yum:

2 Likes

Is your greenhouse heated or is it more of a high tunnel?

Mrsg47
I bet it was winter jasmine. It sure was nice to see something in bloom.

I have never heard of this berry. Please tell me more. What does it look and taste like! thanks!

1 Like

It’s a native to the Pacific NW, sometimes used in landscaping but mostly just grows wild. It was traditionally used by native peoples, so another common name is “indian plum,” though it is not a true plum.

The fruit are usually small (1-3 cm) with a single large seed. Flavor varies a lot, I assume partially due to natural variability and partially due to soil and light conditions. Good specimens taste like a mild, sweet plum with an aftertaste of cucumber, while lesser ones taste astringent with a strong cucumber-skin flavor.

They aren’t my favorite wild fruit, but they are almost always the first to ripen, so I gladly snack on them while hiking.

I can’t find any photos that I’ve taken, though I’m sure I have, but here’s a photo I found online, which says it’s a creative commons attribution license, photo by Leslie Seaton:

Indian Plum Berry

4 Likes

The stems are spectacular with the dark purple berry. Thanks for the description!

1 Like

Our tulips start to show up :blush:

5 Likes

10 Likes

Small narcissus… this one is wild. I foud them on my orchard…

2 Likes

Reminds me of Tete-a-Tete Miniature Daffodil.

1 Like

It’s very pretty! :blush:

I suppose it could be ‘wild’. In the USA it would be called “naturalized” as there were no daffodils here until brought by Welsh and other settlers to America.

1 Like

Well i didn’t plant them but they could excape…

Anemone blanda (Grecian windflower):

6 Likes

I love those. Just wish they weren’t so small and that they would last awhile. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I believe something is emerging. Could it be a miracle? Marc

Actually it an 60 cm (2 feet) amélanchier Canadensis Northline

5 Likes