What are your summer flowers blooming?

Your mystery looks like a blue flag iris, tho it would be late

@AndySmith it’s Spiderwort.

2 Likes

My MIL has it but I could not recall the name. It was a late spring flower here.

1 Like

Thank you, I have no idea where it came from, I never bought it!

1 Like

I actually have Blue Flag right next to it!

Midnight blooming flowers. ( Epiphyllum )

8 Likes

Very nice red color Epiphylum type of flowers. I got the White one also. Too bad the flowers only last for a few hours after 11pm once bloomed.

Tony

1 Like

The first one bloomed before midnight 7.19.19 .2nd one bloomed last night 7.20.19. Hopefully they last a little longer.

Vincent,
Absolutely gorgeous red. Fortunately, I can’t have it because I could not stay up closer to or last midnight (at my age) to admire the blooms :smile:

2 Likes

On the day 4th of Epiphyllum blooming. 7.22.19

6 Likes

Is there any scent with those blooms? Those are crazy huge! Impressive.

2 Likes

Looking beautiful but they don’t have any scents at all.

1 Like

My Balloon Flowers. What an aptly name!!!

13 Likes

Pretty

Pretty yellow h.hock

1 Like

9 Likes

I love cosmos. Breezy beautiful.

@poppypod thank you! They have since become japanese beetle food. :worried: I’ve got to get out the neem.

These were some seeds i ordered from who knows where…they are blooming. I have no clue because the package has no label on it…

I’ve got about 6 potted plants of them…some are more red.

5 Likes

4 o’clock

1 Like

Yup you’ve got it…i’ve noticed the flowers close during the day. I’ll have to go out and smell them at night. I think i ordered them because they were said to have a very nice scent… The seeds were simple to get going… they just started blooming in the last week. I think i started them in April.

1 Like