What are your summer flowers blooming?

Such beautiful flowers, everyone! What a sight for our eyes to behold! :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

11 Likes

First time growing flowers from seeds. Quite a few failures but Zinnias are worth it

Liatris (from corms)

15 Likes

All my lillies have to be in a fence, away from the deer if I ever want to see them bloom.

4 Likes

Anna Marie’s Dream, planted in honor of my late niece. Almost as pretty as she was.

9 Likes

I always grow zinnias because they can survive anything! I am not good at babying plants

4 Likes

Some cheerful coneflower, helenium, and some safflower that fell out of the bird feeder and I let sprout. :blush:

8 Likes

I love coneflowers. It reminds me of summer. I have several kinds and colors. A few got munched down by groundhogs and bunnies.

7 Likes

Coneflowers are on my list for next season along with daisies and gaillardia. Somehow, they didn’t germinate for me this season, but I started quite late.

1 Like

Except they can sometimes fall over because the heads get too heavy. I had some one year that i was propping up because they were big…but i do like them…especially the really vibrant colored ones.

1 Like

Mamuang has some beauties! Mine are all babies that sewed themselves from one Magnus parent. The colors of the parent were a little darker purple. I do have one Cantaloupe coneflower- seems that the j beetles prefer it and like to eat it’s petals

1 Like

I have Magnus, too. I like them all.

1 Like

Forgot to add Kushi maya lily, smells nice. Wish it faced upward so it would be easier to see.

6 Likes

Amazing that your lilies are blooming already in your zone. Mine are still a few days away.

It’s been really hot and dry here this year- Things are definitely ahead! Joe pye and goldenrod have buds forming which makes me feel like fall is right around the corner

Their colors also glow!

1 Like

7 Likes

Front yard this morning

Side yard. Cone flowers and daisies are key flowers.

12 Likes

Do you use that C band dish to communicate with distant galaxies? :slight_smile: Those things were awesome in the 80’s. My friend’s neighbor had one back when stuff wasn’t encrypted or maybe some was and wasn’t. Now i think everything is?

I get a lot of those mud wasps on my flowering herbs (oregano.etc)> I’ve got a ton of sunflowers blooming to…i’ll have to take some pics tomorrow.

We did not use this satellite dish for over 10 years now. Before that, it was good. News about natural disasters were well covered. We saw TV shows a day before they showed them on TV.

During live broadcast i.e. sprporting events or news, they were no commercials. We saw sideline reporters discussed what questions they would ask coaches, broadcasters discussing camera angles, news people practicing what to do and say when a camera was on, etc.

We want to remove it but it is a pain.

1 Like